US breaks concept of AoE and devs should maybe adress complaints

I have a question for you then, why not just add an option when creating a lobby to have certain civs banned in it? Would that not be the same thing if not a better option?

There were other reasons why the OG game was the way it was and the biggest factor was the infrastructure of the internet in those days. Patches and updates were rare and not easy to implement back then.

Also 5% of the average player base per month is not 20 people it is actually at least 150 (based off steam charts) this also does not include people who bought on the Microsoft store like myself. And no matter what an increase in player base is always better.

The statement that all European civs are obsolete is complete BS, they have their unique military units, they still have the European style of upgrade cards which generally affect multiple units and not 1 or two like WC, TAD, and USA do. They have churches and their unique church cards. There are good reasons to play European civs even with USA in the game. People need to stop being dramatic here. And quite frankly a lot of the OG civs played fairly similarly to begin with anyhow.

Also can you point to an article or Tweet that the devs have said they purposely made them strong? I have seen you say this twice and would like to see it myself.

Also you know what is harder than balancing and OP civ? An underpowered one.

1 Like

See though the problem is that it inherently splits player bases doing it that way. Now, AOE2 can probably take the hit that way since the player base on average is over 3x that of AOE3.

This is wrong. In AoE2, even if you do not have the DLC, you can still play agaqnst the DLC civs, just not with them.

you can’t play against the dlc civs but you can play vs the dlc guys

No, you can absolutely get matched in Ranked, against players ith the DLC civs.

2 Likes

I’m kinda confused why so many people are pissed that the addition of the USA would break the concept AoE
 Like, are you telling me the devs themselves aren’t allowed to change the concept of the game? I can understand the complaints about it already being in the game as a revolution, so there could have been other options but in the end it’s just extra DLC. No harm done

I can see the USA being too strong at first, but that’s a matter of balance and not a matter of “should this civ be added or not”. So far, I think the balance of civs have been rather good. Sure, Swedes started of ridiculous but they’re nowhere near as strong as they once were and they’ve been continuously making changes to the Swedes to make them on par with the other civs.

2 Likes

They are not the original devs, its a DE, not a redesign of the entire game. DE is to “finish” the original game, upgrade the graphics and change broken things and or bugs. In this you can add a few additions but a DE is not meant to change the core themes of a game, then its not a DE anymore.

2 Likes

I don’t understand a player without dlc is playing vs dlc civ? doesn’t mean hes getting free dlc content? how can the non-dlc player have dlc content installed in his pc?

Where are the actual request civs?
The actual Colonial Empires, and last Eurasian important dynasties?

Where are the Persians, the Omani, the Moroccans, the Siamese, The Italians and the Polish?

And I just assuming the African civs will at least contain Ethiopians and Zulus!

This is why people are mad, because there is still tons of relevant content left to add, rather than a “bomm of the barrel” civ like the USA, that has less than 100 years of History by the game’s end.

The civ files are already there, just the files taht allow playability are not. And before you say they can be added in, that just breaks youir game due to ToS infringement, and they can actually ban you from online play, permanently, or even remove your game entirely.

This is why updates break mods, it is on purpose.

3 Likes

Man o man, I literaly said that, give us the option to not play against US, you say that that is stupid

And no the unique units do not matter for europeans as they are worse then the US military, have you even watched the videos? They have sharpshooters which outrange skirms and are better, they have regulars which are better musketeers, they have those dragoons which are better. Every unit of US is better then euro counterpart.

Dutch literaly got their unique mechanic stolen. The US btw also has churches, not one, but two and they generate gold on top of xp. They also get literal banks so the Dutch now share their “unique” mechanic with US. Basically every euro does this now because of immigration. Immigration cards should have been added to revolutions as that would be cool as ■■■■, for an actual civ its broken.

1 Like

I weep as a christian.
This DLC is satire. The Americans really abandoned the Lord and worship money.

4 Likes

How do they generate gold lol? I didn’t see or hear this in the trailer.

Everything in recent months was, including those 2DE ‘events’.

Sadly. A lot of problems would be gone if people didn’t (West Europe + USA)

1 Like

Age III covers the period from 1500 up to 1850, Chayton Black’s campaign - whose civilization is USA - go even further to 1876. I think that United States are a nice and coherent add on, if they are balanced and not OP.

1 Like

I mean it’s still their game in the end
 It’s based on AoE3 but they still made the game so I don’t see why they shouldn’t or couldn’t just change things based on their own concept of the game

First they were already included with revolutions, arguable the better mechanic for them.

Second the AoE civs have always been people groups not nations. Americans arent a thing simply put. Even after independence they werent Americans. It is also insulting to South Americans. They are arguable one of the bottom civs to be included.

3 Likes

Because its not what a DE is, its not the premise. Then its false advertising. They should have been honest then and told us first that they would change fundamental concepts, not hide it behind updates.

1 Like

The least they can do is call them “united states” and not “americans”. Like really, we had months of discussions about the name of the hauds and lakota, and now the are just going to condense the whole continent into the US?

I think they should have better completed European and Asian civs - I’m Italian and my people still isn’t represented in the game- but a DLC based on the main revolutionary civilizations it’s a nice idea and expands the original game.

1 Like

They could have implemented most of the US into revolutionary making them actually actually viable. Brazil is also unite states, so is Mexico. They could have made the immigrant cards for the revolutionary civs and everything would be fine as it doesnt make one civ all europeans.

1 Like

But then they break the rules of civilizations of the entire franchise not just AoE III. It isnt a people group but a country. Thats also one of the big complaints that Americans arent a thing. They are either British, other Europeans or Natives. And besides that Americans are also people living in argetina.

They should have just made an upgraded revolution.

4 Likes