USA challenge reset

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Current
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
I’ve started the 50 challenge to unlock the new civ. I’ve done the first challenge and i’ve completed it, but when i close the game and restarted it reset to 0 completed.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open the game
  2. Accept the challenge and complete it
  3. Restart the game

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
When i restart the game i do not want to do the same challenge every time

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
How can i post a picture of something that will reset every time?

13 Likes

I’m having the same issue.

2 Likes

me too, i cannot go ahead after Delaware

2 Likes

Confirmed.

Also plenty of reports on the steam forums about this issue

3 Likes

Was anyone able to find a solution to this problem yet?

I’m looking forward participating in this event, but the current issue prevents me from doing so.

1 Like

This issue is being tracked by the relevant team, thanks for the reports!

6 Likes

my progress also got reset twice, this is ridiculous. hopefully they are working on a fix for this issue because i’d like to progress through the challenges but if i keep having to re do the first one the fun will wear out fast.

Yeah, I hope they’ll be able to fix this issue soon (hopefully before the weekend) so I can start playing these challenges. Until then, there’s no point for me trying to start the challenges.

Happened to me twice… Hope it is fixed quickly

I got the following reply from Support;

"
Hello again,

We would recommend attempting to redo the challenge but if it doesn’t work out; can you please provide us the following:

1. Your Steam ID?
2. How are you finishing the match? The match needs to be finished by resigning or playing until the end of the game.
3. A DxDiag
4. Game logs & cemg.prg file. C:\Users\USERNAME\Games\Age of Empires 3 DE\STEAMID#\Users\cemg.prg

Kind Regards,
Liya
AoE Support
"

I’m at work now so can only test this in the weekend. If anyone else experiencing the same issue wants to report this to support, might as well provide them the answers of the questiosn above. Should save you a step in the support process :slight_smile:

I played my match to the very end. I’ve only completed the first challenge since I don’t want to waste time completing challenges if my progress is just going to be reset.

I’ll contact support and give them those files though. Thanks for the heads up!

I’ve made progress in Challenge USA, closing session “xbox” inside the game and returning to logging with my user.
In this way I force my progress to be synchronized.
We shouldn’t have to do this, and I hope they fix it soon.

@DirefulLily9407 is there any progress to report on a fix of this issue? Quite a few people are reporting to have this issue, including 5 pages on Steam forums. Challenge Progress Lost :: Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition General Discussions

We cannot participate in the current event and there has been no word on any fix yet. An update on the situation would be appreciated.

3 Likes

I am also having this issue. I completed Massachusetts yesterday and today it reset to not completed… I’m pretty sure I will only be allowed to complete 3 challenges today instead of 4 despite it. 17 days is long enough but if the game is starting to pull this bull on me I have to express I am getting a bit frustrated. Surely getting a completed challenge uncompleted wasn’t part of the deal?

Edit: to my happy surprise I was actually able to complete 4 challenges today instead of the usual 3. Nice. Whether they will all stay completed when I check again tomorrow though - that’s the question.

Support asked me to try again after today’s hotfix, but unfortunately the hotfix didn’t solve the problem (it also isn’t mentioned in the patch notes, so not sure why support expects a different outcome).

I’ve replied to support and I suggest others also contact support about this issue. The more of us contact support about this, the more likely it is to get any priority to be fixed.

1 Like

The first fight fore Daleware saved, after reopen the game, it dissapeared. I won again and it is saved. Unfortunatelly, I won Pennsylvania three times and didn’t get the state (yesterday two times, today one time).

This still happens. My challenges already reset 3 times! I’m not wasting more time on this bug until it is fixed. This is ridiculous.

I have the same issue. Cannot get past the first challenge because it resets after restart. I have the game installed via the xbox app (game pass), so it’s not related to steam.