Using Advanced Genie Editor crashes game?

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.46295.0 6421374
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I was going to use the Advanced Genie Editor to create and test some new units. However, whenever I launch AoE2DE (it opens successfully) the game always crashes when you start a new single player game or try to open the Scenario Editor.
It is worth noting how Steam sees this change: when I did the “verify integrity of game files”, it changed my empires2_x2_p1.dat to default.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open Advanced Genie Editor. It is located at
    C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/AoE2DE/Tools_Builds or
    D:/Your Steam File/steamapps/common/AoE2DE/Tools_Builds. Open files as expected (default).
  2. Write down unit’s name (in this case Militia) to copy it. Add a new unit, and paste the Militia to this unit.
  3. Change the language file name number from 5079 to 0, then change internal name as “Test Militia”.
  4. Before saving it, backup your original empires2_x2_p1.dat file. Save the new unit, then close the editor.
  5. Open AoE2DE using Steam. After that try to create a single player game or try to create a brand new Scenario Editor file.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The Scenario Editor was supposed to open and I was supposed to see my new (if copied) unit as Test Militia.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Cannot attach any images due to being a newbie, sorry.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)