- GAME BUILD #: 101.101.46295.0 6421374
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
I was going to use the Advanced Genie Editor to create and test some new units. However, whenever I launch AoE2DE (it opens successfully) the game always crashes when you start a new single player game or try to open the Scenario Editor.
It is worth noting how Steam sees this change: when I did the “verify integrity of game files”, it changed my empires2_x2_p1.dat to default.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Open Advanced Genie Editor. It is located at
C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/AoE2DE/Tools_Builds or
D:/Your Steam File/steamapps/common/AoE2DE/Tools_Builds. Open files as expected (default).
- Write down unit’s name (in this case Militia) to copy it. Add a new unit, and paste the Militia to this unit.
- Change the language file name number from 5079 to 0, then change internal name as “Test Militia”.
- Before saving it, backup your original empires2_x2_p1.dat file. Save the new unit, then close the editor.
- Open AoE2DE using Steam. After that try to create a single player game or try to create a brand new Scenario Editor file.
The Scenario Editor was supposed to open and I was supposed to see my new (if copied) unit as Test Militia.
Cannot attach any images due to being a newbie, sorry.
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)