Current version: 0.4
Download app and view source code: GitHub page
I would like to present to you a program for viewing, comparing, creating and extracting files from BAR archives of the Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition (also supports AoE3 2007). This tool replaces the AoE3Ed Viewer developed by Ykkrosh, which does not work for the Definitive Edition.
The updated version includes all (x) functions that were in AoE3Ed Viewer, as well as new features.
- Syntax highlighting in previewing text files (xml, xs).
- Search in preview in text files (CTRL + F).
- Ability to scale and drag images in preview.
- Grouping files by their format (optional).
- Sort by name, size, creation date.
- Search in the BAR archive.
- Calculation of CRC (optional).
- The size of the selected entries.
- Detail of entry file.
- Converting XML <-> XMB (both 2007 and DE).
- Converting DDT -> PNG.
- Extract all files.
- Extract selected files.
- Comparison of BAR archives.
- Create BAR archive from files and folders.
(x) Currently the application does not include the following features:
- Converting DDT <-> TGA (it is recommended to use Photoshop Plugin by kangcliff).
How to Use
- Download application from the link above.
For Portable version
- Unpack .zip and run Resource Manager.exe.
- Application requires .NET Core. If you haven’t installed it yet, you can download it from the direct link: .NET Core Runtime.
- Added decryption of sounds (sound files can be extracted without problem now).
- Added new GUI for extraction dialog.
- Fixed bug with .xmb.xml extension while converted.
- Added entry details window (in context menu in entries table).