Developer: VladTheJunior and Kevsoft
Current version: 0.4.2
Download app and view source code: GitHub page
I would like to present to you a program for viewing, comparing, creating and extracting files from BAR archives of the Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition (also supports AoE3 2007). This tool replaces the AoE3Ed Viewer developed by Ykkrosh, which does not work for the Definitive Edition.
The updated version includes all (x) functions that were in AoE3Ed Viewer, as well as new features.
- Syntax highlighting in previewing text files (xml, xs).
- Search in preview in text files (CTRL + F).
- Ability to scale and drag images in preview.
- Grouping files by their format (optional).
- Sort by name, size, creation date.
- Search in the BAR archive.
- Calculation of CRC (optional).
- The size of the selected entries.
- Detail of entry file.
- Converting XML <-> XMB (both 2007 and DE).
- Converting DDT → PNG.
- Converting DDT → TGA.
- Extract all files.
- Extract selected files.
- Comparison of BAR archives.
- Create BAR archive from files and folders.
(x) Currently the application does not include the following features:
How to Use
- Download application from the link above.
For Portable version
- Unpack .zip and run Resource Manager.exe.
- Application requires .NET Core. If you haven’t installed it yet, you can download it from the direct link: .NET Core Runtime.
- Added .DDT → .TGA conversion.
- Fixed problem of converting .XML files with unset extension.
- Improved behavior of file open and save dialogs. Now each dialog remembers its own path.
Note from version 0.4.1: Last modified datetime is no longer available since BAR version 6, because this data was removed from the structure by the game developers.
- Fixed a bug with the conversion of some PNG to WEBP.
- Fixed a bug with previewing some PNG files.
Download: GitHub - AOE3-Modding-Council/Resource-Manager: Utility for viewing, creating and extracting files from Age of Empires III .BAR archive
@anon63664082 edit: Updated per request of original poster.
Working like a charm, greetings devilschild (:
Always a pleasure to work with you Vlad
Great work as always.
Many thanks for creating this!
Works great, but I can’t play the extracted music files? EDIT: You’ve already addressed this point
Apart from that everything else that I’ve tried has worked.
How can i edit sound.bar ?
I replaced my sounds after extraction then i made a new sound.bar
but the game only playing my edited sounds ,not the original files.
I think i have a problem with decoding/encoding
Plus i have same problem with movie files (converting to .bk2)
The game is not playing my videos too which i only change sounds
I’m just trying to play my old unofficial dubbed version sounds for DE…
how can i compress my edited file to a .bar file?
then choose your folder
my visual studio 2019 cant load the project.
Could you please upload the binary version though?
Is it possible to edit anything without having crc mismatch as we were able to do with original version.
Executable file is already attached
I have downloaded it and now it is ask to download NET core which I have done and now when I try to run resource-manager this shows up
"Install .NET Core
Framework “Mircosoft.WindowsDesktop.App” verison 3.1.0 not found."
I don’t know what exactly I need to download from NET core’s website.
Hi, you need to install .net core runtime version.
This is excellent, thank you!
I downloaded these files and have extracted them. I cannot open anything in them. It boots me to the internet with an error message. Am I missing something?
Are you sure you downloaded the application and not the source code? In any case, I added instructions on how to use the program, сheck out the first post.
I have extracted all the original sound files, replaced some wav files, and created my own Sound.bar, but the game only plays the sounds that I have replaced. Please repair the tool. It seems to be a problem with decoding / decompression.
I have the same problem. The new Sound.bar only plays the sounds that I have modified. Do you know how to solve it?
Could you solve the problem? I have the same: the game only plays the sounds that I have edited.