Vanilla Forum Suggestions

Another issue is that of multiple posts appearing for some reason, for example this thread:

Second page is 3 times a post from me, which I send somewhere mid thread now its at the end 3 times.
Its not the only case I have only seen some other instances of this.

Many thanks!

There seems to be an issue with user avatars on these forums because some of the poll threads have the missing image icon.

Appears to be fixed.

The social media links for the Age of Empires Twitter account and Age of Empires Facebook account have the wrong URLs. They both have the URL for the forum page which is currently displayed. The URLs on the Age of Empires website home page are fine.

I have a collection of Avatars for Age of Empires II. You can take a look to my gallery and choose anyone you want here.

Another issue is the forum saying there is thread/post in a subforum but there not being one (or at least not visible), this is the case for the Age of Mythology forum news and anouncements section.

@starspole said:
Hi every one

I hope from the Community Forums Administrator ADD the “Microsoft” LinkedIn to social networks like Facebook & Twitter .
Regards

Since this is a forum for Age of Empires video games, it wouldn’t make much sense to add LinkedIn networking integration unless many forum members work in the video game industry.

Instead of the Administrator bubble next to threads with at least one post by a member of the Age team, how about Microsoft or Age Team instead? Also for developer posts, like those from @Cysion, how about a bubble next to threads with a Forgotten Empires or FE Team label?

Yeah LinkedIn wouldn’t make much difference. And, personally, I’d much rather keep it separate from this account…

@rhrmn said:
Instead of the Administrator bubble next to threads with at least one post by a member of the Age team, how about Microsoft or Age Team instead? Also for developer posts, like those from @Cysion, how about a bubble next to threads with a Forgotten Empires or FE Team label?

Seems there’s a “developer” tag now when a dev answered in a thread :slight_smile:

@Cysion said:

@rhrmn said:

Seems there’s a “developer” tag now when a dev answered in a thread :slight_smile:

Yes, I saw this yesterday. It is very welcome. We can now more closely stalk your team. :wink:

Please add the option for forum members to delete all comment drafts or set the comment drafts so they expire after 24 hours or so. It appears as though drafts never expire because they appear several days later when I go to read more comments on a thread. Deleting draft comments days later is not very user friendly.

There’s also a moderator tag, which makes me feel weird as I usually am posting as a fan.

@“Andy P” said:
There’s also a moderator tag, which makes me feel weird as I usually am posting as a fan.

Yeah, it could get quite interesting with at least one moderator comment per thread. Maybe the Moderator bubble should only be visible to Administrators?

Little question: Poll options can’t be more that 10? Also why it hasn’t been enabled in AOE DE subforum?

Seriously with the Bing Translator. I mean i can understand you implement microsoft tools on the forum, but making it this much annoying …

:sadpanda:

Actually, when i hover things it pop too.

:verysadpanda:

@kinzo said:
Seriously with the Bing Translator. I mean i can understand you implement microsoft tools on the forum, but making it this much annoying …

:sadpanda:

Actually, when i hover things it pop too.

:verysadpanda:

Further details. It’s actually annoying when i first click it. Then i can’t find a way to shut it, even if i close it hitting the cross, it will pop up everytime i change page.

Please move the forum search box to the top of the page when viewing the forums on a mobile web browser. Moving the forum search box from the bottom of the page to the top of the page would make search easier to find and more useful.

On a mobile web browser the “Best Of…” option is distorted.