Vanilla Forum Suggestions

There are several Ask a Question threads on the forums which are marked as Unanswered. I would like to see time limits for these unanswered threads or moderator action if the question has already been answered but the original poster has not marked the thread as answered.

Please consider granting all closed beta participants a forum badge for participating in the closed beta prior to open beta or release for each AoE:DE, AoE II:DE, AoE III:DE and AoE IV. This would be a great way to recognize all of the insiders who provided useful feedback. The Beta Participant role on our profiles does not say which beta we have participated in and that’s why I feel special forum badge for participating in each closed beta would be a good idea.

Currently the only options for sorting threads are “What’s Hot” and “Last Updated”. I would really like to be able to see “Last Created” as an available sort option so I can see new threads first. New threads get buried in the “Last Updated” sort filter.

I think we need some official Age of Empires avatars to choose from! I see so many profile pictures (including mine right now) with a byte sized God-knows-what in place instead! :slight_smile:

I just found that on some pages the font is really hard to read due to the
color which is really similar to the background-color.

You can see an example in the attached picture.
Does anybody else have the same problem, or is it just me?

Could you please let us add emojis on our signature?

Thank you.

Hi every one

I hope from the Community Forums Administrator ADD the “Microsoft” LinkedIn to social networks like Facebook & Twitter .
Regards

When i try to connect my facebook account to this forum it give me this error message:

{ "error": { "message": "Missing client_id parameter.", "type": "OAuthException", "code": 101............

When I'm on [social ](https://forums.ageofempires.com/profile/connections "social ")-section on profile and try to link my twitter, for example, I just get to [this page](https://forums.ageofempires.com/entry/twauthorize/profile "this page") with this error:
            {"errors":[{"code":215,"message":"Bad Authentication data."}]}

It gives similar error on FB connect as well: 
            {
               "error": {
                  "message": "Missing client_id parameter.",
                  "type": "OAuthException",
                  "code": 101,
                  "fbtrace_id": "CxfxzJCiKEb"
               }
            }

The forums currently allow regular forum members to post threads in the AoE:DE News and Announcements section.

URL: https://forums.ageofempires.com/categories/news-and-announcements

Screenshot:

The forums currently allows regular forum members to post threads in the AoE:DE main forum.

URL: https://forums.ageofempires.com/categories/age_of_empires_definitive_edition

Screenshot:

Currently running Google Chrome on a Nexus 5x. The website has a weird glitch where the discussion titles overlap the authors name. I didn’t know where to post this so I put it here in the suggestions. Any ideas on how to fix this?

So it has been a while for me here in this forum. From what I witness these are the things which are broken and needs to be fixed in near future.

1. Editing system: Why are my comments are gone after I hit edit and come back from the grave after few days? “Good” people misunderstand those comments which appear after the “approval” as a spam and I become a laughing subject. Also, who is the genius/slacker that approves a comments after week?

2. Flagging system: Speaking of spam, literally any one can flag anybody regardless of comments which match and discusses a topic. For example, I just hit lot of spam to “that” guy who hits lot of spams to anyone he/she disagrees with. That ladies and gentlemen is abusing the system. [mod edit: don’t call out other players on the forum. If you want to report someone for violating the rules, please do it via private message to a moderator, just like everyone else does. Don’t start threads to grind your axe. This is a forum to discus a video game. Discuss the video game, not its players.]

3. Transparent moderation: (I will talk with moderators directly regarding this after they answer my message).

TO BE CONTINUED as I progress…