Very important for the remake

Hello,

I’m still playing AoE1 in 2017 and after 16 years of playing online I have some ideas of what is really important for this game :smiley:

I’m still playing AoE1 in 2017 and after 16 years of playing online I have some ideas of what is really important for this game :smiley:

• We need an optimized online version that allow no laggs if pings go high (300-400ms) like in starcraft BW
  • We need something that allows sharing custom maps with others player while we are ingame
  • We need more balanced civs (assyrians and yamato are too good for random maps games) or an personalized addon that allow to change civs powers
  • We need at least pop limit to 300
  • We need a better pathfinding for all unit because they often get stuck when they encounter another unit or wall or tree…

Thanks for considering my proposals

BoU

Well I Agree on the online version. AOE 2HD had way to many online issues with the connection at start. Also the pop limit will be no problem to be over 300 since AOE 2 hd already featured 500

Pathfinding is definitely a must for a remake to be successful.
Also, allowing an easier way to create custom compaign and stuff would ensure this game last longer, way longer than relying only on original gameplay.
Agree also on population limit, if they can pull it of to make it work, I don’t see a reason why not include a 500 limit option, if you don’t like you can play on 50-100-200, no problem!

We also need :

• an observer mode
  • the ability to record games easily in order to share best games with everyone
  • An option to allow shared vision in random map games
  • Take some mechanics from AoE II
  • Use drag to for make special formation for troops
  • More sophisticated rule maker

I absolutely agree with increasing the population limit. The current one (i think it’s like, 40 pop) is WAAAY too low and can make it almost unplayable according to me

@ClumpySage5205 said:
I absolutely agree with increasing the population limit. The current one (i think it’s like, 40 pop) is WAAAY too low and can make it almost unplayable according to me

there is just one problem in incresing pop, game balance breaks as units are designed to be in smaller numbers