Game Version: 5.0.11009.0
Villager collects meat from sheep corpse then walks to previously collected from deer corpse instead of returning to TC to deliver gathered goods.
Steps to reproduce:
- Have villager(s) collect meat from deer.
- Wait for villager to deliver meat to TC.
- Immediately tell villager to collect from sheep before returning to deer corpse.
Villager will not deliver meat harvested from sheep to TC. Instead, they will collect a full load then walk to the deer corpse with the meat and everything they collected from the sheep will disappear and be replaced with deer meat.
Footage of bug: https://i.gyazo.com/8ed8788550f791a0e037c1acd2a8c1ff.mp4
Hey @R3volut1on1ze! I’m not seeing this behavior, but I’m probably missing something. I’ve made notes in your steps below:
- Have Villager(s) collect meat from Deer ← Done! The Deer is dead.
- Wait for Villager to deliver meat to TC. <–Done! The Villager is now holding nothing.
- Immediately tell Villager to collect Sheep before returning to Deer corpse <–Would this step be a Shift+Click on the Sheep and then back onto Deer corpse right after the Villager drops the meat into the TC?
Good day @SavageEmpire566 thank you for your response.
I have included a short clip for your analysis.
This AI gathering bug only occurs when the (Sheep/Deer)'s resources are depleted. This bug likely occurs for all finite resources that can be gathered by villagers.
There are clearly two coding issues here.
- Villager AI should ALWAYS check if it has a full inventory that should be dropped off at it’s delivery destination before/while issuing any AI go to gathering destination operation.
- Poor garbage collection, as a new gathering target was set by the user of a different resource type; the deer rally point should no longer exist in the AI’s context.
Please keep up the great work. I have been waiting a very long time for AoE IV, and it has a tremendous amount of potential!
Thanks @R3volut1on1ze! I appreciate the extra context. We’ll look into it.