Villager refused to make a farm for empty area

Hi there,

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD101.101.62085.0 8752729
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

The first error was at 23 mins 49 secs I thought there is a enemy outpost’s destructed animation image so maybe It causes to refuse to make a farm but This is not the answer. at time 27-28 mins, as you can see that the clearly, The villager refused to make a farm for a empty and suitable area(3x3 piles) error was: ''building site obstructed. Building canceled.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. The first error was at 23 mins 49 secs
  2. villager refused to make a empty 3x3 piles area
    3.There is no any other units or building or destructed-deleted building animation image.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

error was: ''building site obstructed. Building canceled.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Here is video:

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

here is attached record game:
MP Replay v101.101.62085.0 @2022.06.19 122306 (4).aoe2record (2.9 MB)
Here is google drive link:

d

Thanks !

Hey!

Thank you for your bug report. after investigating the issue, it appears i found the cause.
When a building is placed over-top another existing building (due to fog of war) and thus cancelled, the existing building even after being destroyed causes its tile to permanently cancel other buildings.
In the game you provided grey placed its TC on top of the outpost, because he had not scouted the outpost yet. Then once he realised the TC was cancelled, he placed it slightly off to the side. later he destroyed the tower but the bugged tile remains.

So thanks and we are now tracking this issue :wink:

2 Likes