Villagers blocking each other

Yeah this problem has been happening for a good while now …
Multiple reports, this is one of them: units-randomly-stops-moving-working
and discussed here as well: issues-still-present

I really really wish they would do nothing else (no more eye-candy or special events), except devote everyone to working on fixing the pathfinding in the game…

2 Likes

GMEvangelos just doing his/her job. Supplying the devs with multiple cases makes it easier for them to analyze the situations where it happens. Unless you actually want to have them waste their time with reproducing these situations (I’m sure it’s limited, they are probably understaffed considering this is an old IP), be a bit more tolerant please.

I have been reporting bugs for months now, I have been tolerant. Yet issues dont get added to the “known issues” list and bug reports are not responded to (disconnect bug, hunters stopping in their tracks, trade carts stuck at markets, villagers bumping into each other). Again, these issues would already be known to the dev team had they have at least one person play testing. And even when we report they are not acknowledged. What more can we do as a community?

2 Likes

A question from the team:

• Has anyone seen this issue AFTER update 40220?

Thus far, all of the reports come from before the update. If anyone is continuing to notice it in their current games, here’s what we could use:

1. A Replay File of the match, as well as a rough description / time when it happens.
  2. A video of the issue, if captured.
  3. Detailed steps of when (and how) the issue occurred. What were the villagers doing? Where were they trying to go?

I will be updating the team with any information that well help them reliably reproduce the issue in their testing.

Thanks in advance!

I sent all my vils across the map. 6 of them didn’t make it to the destination being stuck.

LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL

Yes I have.
I will report back with the requested details as soon as I am able.
Thank you!

1 Like

@GMEvangelos

1. A Replay File of the match, as well as a rough description / time when it happens.

A little after the 18:50 time stamp is when the problem occurs with 2 out of the six hunting villagers.
Here is the recorded game: MP Replay v101.101.40220.0 @2020.08.28 224511 (6).aoe2record

1. A video of the issue, if captured.

Here is a video of it occurring as well:

1. Detailed steps of when (and how) the issue occurred. What were the villagers doing? Where were they trying to go?

I selected 6 hunting villagers, and gave the villagers the command to hunt an ostrich.
However, 2 of the villagers stopped moving, while the remaining 4 carried out the command.
This can be confirmed by watching the recording and using the “View Lock” which will show the villagers selected and commanded to hunt the ostrich.

Thanks for your attention to this!

5 Likes

Fantastic information and description of when and where the issue occurred! I’ve passed all of this along to the team so they can continue searching for the root cause of the problem.

Thank you for getting me this info!

3 Likes

Thank you!
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help! :slight_smile:

“Can you imagine if he lost the game because of this damn bug?.. Can you imagine, HC4 finals, someone tries to wall, and that ends up making the difference, because the villagers dance…”

“Oh but we can’t repro” :neutral_face:

2 Likes