Villagers go idle en route

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.33868.0 (#99404) 12936891
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Villagers will go idle as they traverse the map. But apparently NOT if a resource or build order is given. Only when ordered to an empty point on the map. There is a similar bug reported in the List of Unfixed Bugs, but 1) that bug specifies villagers won’t register as idle, these villagers will immediately register as idle and 2) that bug specifies they get stuck on resources, these villagers will go idle seemingly anywhere. See attached screenshots of MANY villagers going idle as I try to move them through my base and outside the walls.

This has only occurred since Mountain Royals was released or shortly thereafter.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

Every scenario, every random map, every time.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Select villagers and click anywhere on the map. NOT on resources, NO build orders.
  2. As they move, one villager will go idle, then another, then another etc. Each idle villager will register as an Idle Villager immediately.
  3. Only way to fix it is to tab over to the idle villager and get it moving again. Sometimes they will go idle again farther along the route. This is as annoying as it sounds.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

This save file has a bunch of villagers ready to move if you want to test it:
READY_TO_BUILD.aoe2spgame (1.2 MB)

UPDATE: While playing Babur m3: The Battle of Panipat, I noticed at least 1 villager go idle even though I had selected for the whole group to start on a new gold mine. Selecting a resource does NOT appear to “solve” the issue after all.

Hi @SamBamJellyJam
This is already in our list, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like