Villagers perform the repair animation but don't repair

I’ve noticed in several occasions that villagers sent to repair a building enter their repair animation but don’t actually repair: i.e. building hitpoints don’t go up, even with plenty of wood available. If you move them away from the building and task them to repair again, the bug goes away.

Hey @EricGonzalezM! Have you seen this with any particular civ or building?

I can tell you for sure I’ve seen it with Abbasids. I think I had it happen with the English too, but I’m not 100% positive on that. It’s been relatively common with keeps and outposts (it may happen with other buildings but I don’t usually go and repair those.) and can also happen with one or multiple villagers.

I haven’t noticed a pattern to it. I just stop the villager(s) and re-task to repair and it works. I’ll see if I can get it to happen with other civs. I’ll try to grab a sequence of screenshots with the time on top to show how hitpoints don’t go up and wood is plentiful.

@SavageEmpire566 : Just had this happen again. I don’t normally capture video so screenshots should do, but you can see the time changing at the top and me having enough wood and several villagers repairing.

The Spasskaya Tower’s hitpoints are slowly decreasing because it’s in range of the Barbican. The Barbican doesn’t do enough damage to overcome ~8 villagers repairing. This isn’t the first time it happens. I’ve seen it with the English and Abbasid (or Delhi, can’t recall), with Keep-like landmarks as well as generic keeps.

The bug was gone once I re-tasked the villagers to repair. I haven’t found a way to reliably reproduce this. It just happens randomly.

Thank you @EricGonzalezM! That’s super helpful—really appreciated.

1 Like