Visual/apparence/skin for jinetes dragoon

Try posting it on the public preview forum: Steam :: Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition :: Now Available: The Age III DE Public Update Preview (PUP) Program

Ok, skirmishers are solved. What about jinetes? Is the bug still tracked?

2 Likes

Hi @gabryidle,

Yes, the issue where Guard Dragoons/Jinetes models are not displaying correctly is being tracked. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you very much @Breadalus !

1 Like

So, another patch, and the bug is still unsolved. Now this is my personal crusade. This bugā€™s birthday is near.

1 Like

Another update, and guess what?

Portuguese jinetes still look very un-special.
Just a reminder: solve this bug .

1 Like

Lmao still not sorted? Just embarrassing. Shows how much the devs care about ports.

2 Likes

Aaaand, guess what? Nope, still nothing. :grimacing:

Hi @everyone, regarding the Dragoonā€™s appearances:

In Legacy (Age of Empires III 2007) the following models are used

• Veteran Dragoon - dragoon_age3 and dragoon_horse_age3
  • Guard Dragoon - dragoon_age4 and dragoon_horse_age4
  • Imperial Dragoon - dragoon_age4 and dragoon_horse_age4

In DE the following models are used:

• Veteran Dragoon - dragoon_age3 and dragoon_horse_age3
  • Guard Dragoon - dragoon_age3 and dragoon_horse_age4
  • Imperial Dragoon - dragoon_age4 and dragoon_horse_age4

This was a conscious change by the team in order to add more differences per-level for the time being. Weā€™re aware greater differences would more desirable.

I hope that provides some insight into the current behaviour and the teamā€™s intentions. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would perfectly understand the teamā€™s intention if a Jinete DE model wouldnā€™t exist. Butā€¦let me explain a point.

If I pick up Japanese, then choose the Portuguese Alliance and call for a Jineteā€™s shipment, the unities I receive have the classic and lovely ā€œLegacyā€ appearance. Can you possibly explain the choice, I really donā€™t get it!

2b33c5c84c9650db8f12f47a4ee62d70c45ca56d_2_690x388

I think itā€™s because consulate units are still using the ā€œoldā€ guard/imperial model configuration (which were the same) like in TAD, despite the difference between the ā€œnewā€ guard and imperial models.

Yes indeed. I insist on this thread just because I think that the jinete skin, would give a unique appearance to the ports dragoons, as intended in the legacy edition. I know that itā€™s a ā€œminorā€ thing, but IMHO I believe that would fit so much better and like stated before, this is tracked since long time. I guess we should sit and wait.

1 Like

Ok guys. Something happened. Now the portugueses and Mexicans have a skin for Imperial Dragoon. I havenā€™t chek yet if the other civs share the same Imperial Skin butā€¦I can finally consider myself fully satisfied. Cheers to the devs!

1 Like

You could have provided a screenshotā€¦

This is an imperial dragoon - itā€™s named veteran because of a small bug, but it uses the Imperial skin.

1 Like

I can confirm that the imperial skin is shared between all the civs.

Ah ok, no unique skin for portuguese and mexican so. Imperial dragoon have had the correct skin for a while now.

Personally, Iā€™m not satisfied with this. In competitive game, you never reach imperial age. This means that you are stuck with forteress age-looking dragoons, instead of the napoleonic-looking industrial age dragoon skin. I find the forteress age skin to not work together with the industrial age skin, which are napoleonic-looking. I donā€™t understand the need to have imperial skin when you are not capable to provide a different industrial age skin (the horse model is not that visibleā€¦)

Even the unique royal guard skirmishers (oddly one of the very few RG units that have unique skins, idk why) the difference is trivial compared to regular skirmishers.
I remember RG halberdiers also have a slightly different skin, almost unnoticeable.
I really hope they attend to this some time later and give some distinct looks to RG units.

1 Like

Itā€™s my same hope. We could eventually keep this post alive. Till something gonna change, at least, we can enjoy the imperial skin, but I have to admit that RG should need more love.

I did play a few games yesterday and I was very pleased to see that guard dragoon now have the appropriate skin :slight_smile:

1 Like