• Sibirians
  • Incas
  • Aztecs
  • Mayans
  • Sioux
  • Iroquois

0 voters

6 Likes

pleas have danes instead of vikings, the viking age was already starting to end in the 950s.

4 Likes

Norse would be sufficient.

4 Likes

Where are the PERSIANS?

6 Likes

Sorry,i forgotted :slight_smile:

Where is the Greek civ? Do you mean Byzantine?

1 Like

Yes?Also greece don’t a country in medieval

2 Likes

Maybe include the timeline for their empires, so we can be certain they existed within the medieval to early renaissance of AOE IV’s choosing.

Yes,uhm maybe my friend

oh,poor malays…they have not any vote :joy:

Both Turks and Huns made it into yusss !!!
Btw, hopefully we dont mean Ottomans by Turks ?

What is the problem with mean ottomans?i think this is meaning seljuks and ottomans(in dark and feudal age they are seljuks or turkmens,in castle and imperial age they are ottomans)

1- Ottomans do not lap with the medieval period much. Your logic of representing them in two ages isnt logical. If anything I would say Gokturks+Seljuks. Because Seljuks themselves were high medieval period. Or simply a synthetic Tengrist Turkic culture(Bulgars,Avars,Gokturks,Cumans) for first ages and Seljuks-Turkmen beyligs for the last ages. Do not forget conversion of Turks to islam happened very late in medieval(11th to 14th centuries gradually)Ottomans were an early modern period empire. If we take medieval period as 476-1453.
They were founded in 1300 but until 1396 call it 1400 they werent anything significant in Turkic world. What is more, until 1444 they werent any different than other Turkmen states, in 1444 battle of Varna they first owned their victory to janissaries. Still janissaries were just archers at that period, they didnt adapt muskets much.
If Ottomans are going to be used, wait for a game that is based on renaissence era.

2- They are very distinct from other Turkic empires. They do not rely on cavalry that much after their foundation period(their foundation period culture isnt much different from other Turkmen states anyway). They are unique on their own and that uniqueness comes after medieval period. They were a gunpowder empire.
Western world focuses on it too much because Ottomans were partially in Europe but compared to the the medieval period of Ottomans Timurid was for example far more significant.

3- They are overpresented/overportrayed. I am personally sick of seeing “janissary” as Turkish unique unit. They werent even Turkish by origin. Thats not the case however, when all medieval Turkish empires, conquerors etc are considered they are just so away from Turkic warfare culture.
One would expect a horse archer or light cav unit for instance.
One might say there will be more than one unique units however I think it is too specific/distinct/far from the core even for being one of the Turk unique units.

Nah.Janissary army is founded in 1363.So varna isn’t first victory of janissaries

Wrong.Ottoman army is similar to this
%70:Light Cavalry
%20:Swordsman,archer etc.
%10:Janissaries.

Jannisaries were Royal Elite units.They weren’t crowdest unit in army(until 1700s.after 1700s ottomans started use more janissary)

I did not say Janissaries existed first in 1444. I said they were determinal first in battle of Varna(1444).

I know their cavalry were numerically superior to janissaries but that doesnt change the fact janissaries were the core of the army.

The entire army was centered around janissaries. The typical war plan was janissaries were on the center, sipahi and akinji etc would engage enemy then retreat behind center and at the center janissaries would volley fire along with cannons and that would destroy the enemy. Everyone else was just a distraction, it was the janissaries that did the job. Ilber Ortayli confirms this.

They did this tactic in Varna, in Otlukbeli, in Chaldiran and in Mohacs and all the other battles of Ottoman classical period.

For the sieges janissaries were even more significant. First azabs would attack, then dismounted sipahi and with these the enemy would be tired then janissaries would attack. They would be the ones expected to capture the city.

1 Like

This. Unbelievable omission - bad poll.

1 Like

What about Vlachs? The people from Wallachia and Moldavia.

1 Like

Canadians!!! We will conquer the world through excessive politeness!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Persians were gone for most of the medieval age.

2 Likes