🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - April 20

Thank god for ALT+F4

1 Like

Absolute nonsense. Golden Swamp goes into the TG pool, Oasis and Lombardia to 1v1… Go figure.

We will end up with Nomad and the 2-3 that are as close to Arabia as possible.

1 Like

so if you get bored of Arabia, you have to ALT F4 not only Arabia, but also Serengeti and Lombardia… nice…

There is sea and ships in this game, and also FOUR AGES right?(!).
But these arabia type of maps always end up rushing to feodal age and that alone decides who will win. No strategy, no eco management, no water units, no big plays. Just know how to hunt and rush to feodal age, send some troops and peasants then build towers near enemy and win.
Memorized boring garbage play.

This is one of the weirdest misconceptions I see low level players have…

On Arabia you have 20 viable civilizations, a lot of viable strategies (drush flush, drush fc, scouts, archers, towers, maa, maa fwd, trash fwd, … ). Also the open map encourages wild games where you have to adapt a lot and make difficult decisions on the spot.

Meanwhile on islands? 2 viable civilizations and one main strategy. If you mess up your buildorder and are 2 vills late to feudal it’s gg minute 10.

Hamburger? There’s literally only one strategy (rush to feudal and towers).

Amazon tunnel? Only strategy is fullwall fc.

But somehow arabia is the map that only has one “memorized” way of playing…

3 Likes

No need to discuss for this. If there was coastal map available that is the first thing i would vote.After that i would vote nothing else. I never even played those maps i voted. But weird enough most common map of strategy games (coastal) is not even a choice. I only voted for amazon tunnel willingly. And i dont even like it. Just a better option. I want big play, full eco&strategy war i dont want to waste my time watching trash non-strategical feodal age battle. I want sweet max potential.
İf you want to play feodal trash thing go on with it and tell them to make a new game ‘‘Age of Arabia Feodals’’ 2 archers 2 skirmirhers, scouts, spearman man-eating-■■■■ disgusted to see this trash thing.
This is distastefull and low level. I didnt pay for this. Waste of time for me.

Nomad and Hamburger are coastal maps. :slight_smile:

‘‘Coastal’’ or is ‘‘continental’’ i dunno the exact english name of the map, One main land and coast surrounding that is it.

I think it’s easier to get bored of Arabia just simply due to sheer numbers, regardless of player level. It’s the most played map, so most of your games will be Arabia whatever your level is, and thus it’s the easiest one to get bored of.

As you very correctly pointed out, every map tends to have patterns on how the games generally go, and that’s obviously fine. I think that Arabia just seems more boring for some relatively because they encounter it so often. Likely that any other map in the same situation would face the same complaints.

I personally like almost every map in the game but with moderation. Too much of any particular map bores me. So there’s nothing wrong with Serengeti or Lombardia as a map, but they’re so similar to Arabia that they’re an instant skip for me once I’m saturated with Arabia.

I’m not really intending to pick on Arabia in this post, I have the same feeling about everything, I freaking love pancakes for example, but eating it every day non-stop would make me sick of it for some time.

1 Like

Sea and ships only have one resource and 3 combat units. It is rather boring.

As for the four ages argument, you must be confused. Arabia is the map where you get to interact with your opponent on all four ages and they all matter. On other maps you actually only “play” for 2 ages, as most dark/feudal are the same and there isnt much to do other than advance to Castle.

Arabia games only end in Feudal if there is a gap in skill and it snowballs out of control… Which would happen on any other map… It just takes more time for that initial interaction to take place, which creates a sense of balance.

1 Like

In team games, it will often still go to the landing phase, so in this case it’ll be in addition to all the land stuff, not instead. But even in 1v1, it’s not that uncommon to see both water play and land play in the same game.

That’s only sometimes true. In 1v1 Arabia, a lot of games end way before Imperial, heck, sometimes even before Castle. Some people even go as far as resign in Dark age just cause they got lamed lmfao (admittedly this is very rare, but depending on levels of salt, it can happen)

Exactly. A game may end in Dark or Feudal because you can interact… The fact that this doesnt happen in other maps is limiting the game to 2 ages. You get to play Imperial Age if you dont get outplayed / dont outplay the opposition, not because the game creates barriers to provide safety and skip the first 20 minutes of the game.

1 Like

Interesting perspective. My experience is that by defeating the opponent so fast, the game never utilized all its content, since the game had absolutely no chance of going Castle/Imp. I don’t mind Feudal Age plays myself, but I can see why it might frustrate newcomers, as they probably generally don’t expect to get into that much of a snowball problem as they do.

1 Like

Finally Nomad made it to the map pool … but probably only in the weeks in which i am not able to play games :frowning:

1 Like

Como realizo el voto?