{VOTE NOW!}[DESIGN COMPETITION] Beautiful Screenshot Competition - Enter Now!

yes the mod is great… the only issue is that the game crashes if I try to play custom campaigns, already played them with Omkar historical reskin and was looking forward to play with this mod too. Other than than enjoying standard game and campaigns

• Juggernaught - Thanjavur - Rise of the Chola Dynasty
  • StereoQuasar163 - Rise of the Ming Dynasty
  • Chekardhar - Turks riding through a sacked city

0 voters

The Poll is now Open! VOTE NOW!
Polls close on Tuesday, 8 September!

1 Like

Rise of the Ming Dynasty!

are contenders aloud to vote, sorry i should have asked before hand

It’s in the rules :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

the jungle look really nice

1 Like

Great! People, come vote!

@Juggernaut8704 WINS with two-thirds of the vote with his beautiful scene of the Chola capital of Thanjavur!

CONGRATULATIONS TO HIM, as well as @StereoQuasar163 and @Chekardhar for great entries!

Thank you all those who voted as well!

@Juggernaut8704 please choose the next theme please!

5 Likes

I am fain to knoweth thee people did like mine own w’rk! :grinning:

For the next round of competition, i suggest the theme topic:

- East Meets West -

Most wondrous of luck to thee! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

when is the deadline? next week?

1 Like

the competition started?

1 Like

Yes sirs, The original post at the top of this thread has the dates and submission deadline :slight_smile:

Happy designing!

1 Like

i might not be able to do it by next week but ill try!
and just to clarify next week means seven days and not the start of next week, right?

Just submit something :slight_smile:

1 Like

EAST MEETS WEST

Portuguese arrive in Bengal

On 9 May 1512, a fleet of four ships commanded by João da Silveira from the Estado da India arrived in Chittagong from Goa.[8] They were followed by several embassies from the Kingdom of Portugal to the Sultanate of Bengal, then reputed as the wealthiest region in the Indian subcontinent. He set up the first Portuguese factory in Bengal at Chittagong in 1517.[9] Traders from Portuguese Malacca, Bombay and Ceylon also frequented the region.[8]

In 1528, the Sultan of Bengal permitted the Portuguese to establish factories and customs houses in the Port of Chittagong.[8] A fort and naval base was established in Firingi Bandar. The settlement grew into the most prominent Eurasian port on the Bay of Bengal during the Age of Discovery.[11] The cartaz system was introduced and required all ships in the area to purchase naval trading licenses from the Portuguese.[12][13] In 1590, the Portuguese conquered the nearby islands of Sandwip under the leadership of António de Sousa Godinho.[14] In 1602, the Sandwip island of Chittagong was conquered by the Portuguese from Kedar Rai of Sripur.[Wikipedia]

Mods used :

9 Likes

Looks nice! Only criticism is that the Battleship looks anachronistic and out of place. A Caravel would have done fine.

3 Likes

are you going to submit something, as you no longer are the one who made the theme?

Just wanted to make the portuguese look different

EAST MEETS WEST

The aztec historian Chimalpahin Quauhtlehuanitzin, writes the following about the arrival of Tanaka Shōsuke and its embassy in Mexico-Tenochtitlan in 1610:

“Today, Thursday in the afternoon, the 16th of the month of December of the year 1610, at 6 o’clock, was when perhaps as many as nineteen people from Japan, China, arrived and entered here in the city of Mexico.
[…]
And they came gotten up as they are gotten up up there; they wear something like an ornamented jacket, doublet, or long blouse, which they tie at their middle, their waist; there they place a katana of metal, which counts as their swords. … They seem bold, not gentle and meek people, going about like eagles”

This was the first trip sanctioned by the Shōgun from Japan to Spain, with the goal of creating trade relations between the island nation and the crown of Spain. The party crossed the pacific and landed in New Spain (in the city of Mexico, that was mostly rebuilt as a European style city), before embarking to Europe. More can be read about this journey there (wikipedia link).

7 Likes

a Chinese and Italian merchant, who are former acquaintances on the silk road, see each other in Persia, and the Italian merchant invites the Chinese one to tell stories

mods used:

https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/1732/
https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/820/

(i used the basic filters from Microsoft photos, i believe filters are allowed, but in case, i have put the unfiltered version below)
(apoligies for the low res, i cant seem to make it higher)

1 Like