Vote of No Confidence

I think the Ram nerf is completely fine - I definitely think it was too strong, and it actually indirectly affects the English for example

1 Like

I am going to comment on 2 things, that here is an important drama:

• Due to the Microsoft certification, most likely, the patch has been made since 1 month, that said, the lack of balance to other civilizations is missed and we expect more balance in the future. This is a long-term game.

• The developers said that taking the Sacred Site before reaching Feudal was too powerful because of the boom they were doing and it was very beneficial on some maps (although it is also worth mentioning that the Mongols or English can do well against that).

My solution, lower the Imperial improvements to X10 and that the Sanctity improvement can be done in first to be able to make it work in Feudal.

Iā€™m fine with seeing how the changes I listed play out, and I suspect that they are good changes, and those changes are the ones that lots of people asked forā€¦ except the spears might be a little too strong now, though they did need a buff against knights.

Nerfing early game horsemen against every unit other than ranged, while heavily buffing spears, and not improving them against ranged or mobs of ranged leaves them in a very bad spot.

yeah I feel the same way.

Regarding horsemen - I agree as well.

Regarding the Delhiā€¦ honestly they messed up for sure with the bugs and not fixing the ones already existing but ā€¦ I just feel like people have found a strategy that worked and not open to try anything newā€¦ Itā€™s really weird. I really think I would give it a solid shot again at trying various strats before blowing up in outrage that something was taken away from them.

I think the goal again is to have various viable strategies for every civ, including the Delhi. Granted it may not be completely true right now (e.g the English Longbow rush or the bug riddled Delhi themselves), they are working towards it and it takes multiple patches to get that right. The speed at which this happens is another matter. Again, if you donā€™t want more bugs introduced, you need to test it thoroughly right? I feel like people want it fast but they also want it perfect. I donā€™t get it. Thatā€™s just not how development works. I will say better communication is warranted for sure though from the development team regarding all currently tracked bugs being worked on. Itā€™s not the best at the moment - many of the bugs on the tracking page arenā€™t up to date and a lot of them arenā€™t even on the page.

This thing called balance isnā€™t an easy solution or any number of the raging people wpuldve presented a comprehensive solution thats well thought it and enough people agreed upon.

I donā€™t think making an assumption like that is helpful to the conversation - it also doesnā€™t make any sense!

The Abbasids have been strong for a while now - just a bug was accidentally introduced with some techs being moved around doesnā€™t make them irrelevant. They were quite strong because their landmark choices arenā€™t mutually exclusive - you get access to it all by Imperial. Thereā€™s many interesting gameplay styles with them.

Itā€™s not helpful to anyone to assume and secondly making connections that donā€™t make sense at all. Itā€™s a game: the balance will never be perfect, but with constructive discussion we can get it there. Letā€™s also not assume that they havenā€™t put thought into what theyā€™ve done. The design of the game overall, all the various landmark choices, and even just the numbers alone must have taken some serious throught and discussion.

Assumptions hurt everyone.

1 Like

Yes he put the HRE in C because of the bugs, just like abassid and delhi are so low bc of many bugs. Just wait a bit and give it some time to balance and straighten it out. Letā€™s get the game working and not make it even more complicated by pushing temporary civ balances into some political viewpoint of the devs. Itā€™s crazy to me that you actually link this to racism.

1 Like