These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: 50700, THIS BUG IS NEW FOR ME WITH 50700 or the version before that.
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
The game locks when loading match. Windows 10 will grey out the app window, and a popup will window occur, asking to either close the program or wait for the program to respond.
On clicking wait for the program to respond, the game will usually continue after 5 to 10 sec.
Sometimes the game will never continue and stay locked.
There is no minidump in User/Games/“aoe2de”/logs
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
90% from all Empires Wars teamgames.
10% from all multiplayer games.
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Queue up 4v4 Empires Wars ranked
- Once the maps starts, the app will likely lock in the loading screen.
- Click continue in the popup window
- The game will run continue and run fine after a while (5s to 10s)
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Windows should not see the app as unresponsive and should not throw the popup window.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.