Yes I can confirm I have seen this problem as well.
just had a few more games… its not just wall flickering, all building in general flickers.
In this situation:
- Guest PC, Intel core I7, 16 GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1050, High graphics settings, “Lords of the West” DLC,
- Game version: 101.101.44834.0, Steam, “Lords of the West” DLC, “Enhanced Graphics pack” installed and enabled
- Operating system: Windows 10
- Huge map, turbo mode, medium resources
- Multiplayer with 5 human players and AI just below Extreme
- Started a large attack against enemy with 200 units engaged by each attacker
All graphics starts flickering: buildings, units, even trees.
I experience this too from time to time. Seems like the engine can’t handle too many buildings or units at the same time. Wonder if there’s a way to improve performance on that regard.
Luckily the game doesn’t crash due to that, but it’s still kinda annoying.
Perhaps this only happens if one runs out of video ram? My GTX 1660TI has 6GB and I have never seen it happen on my PC.
naw im using 1070 and its 8 GB of vram. unless somehow the game isn’t taking full advantage of hardware, vram wouldn’t be the issue, which I won’t be surprised even if thats the case.
Happens to me as well, even trees flicker so it’s not limited to structures.
This is still an issue in the April PUP patch. Just experienced this today on a Nomad game against AI:
Playing on a GTX 1070, 4vs4 against Moderate AI, Singleplayer.
honestly the flicker is minor annoyance at this point, they need to release a patch to stop the crashes and out of sync, getting out of hand
Here’s a record of it happening in the current patch (47820) at the end of the record:
SP Replay v101.101.47820.0 @2021.05.08 161712.aoe2record (7.5 MB)
I’m using UHD graphics pack with a GTX 1080.
this is fixed with latest patch?