Was the AoE4 trailer Released too Early? Will it hurt the Game?

Hello,

A few others and I have been thinking about the timeline of AoE and feel that it may be a problem that the trailer was released so early. Anyone else feel this way too? I don’t expect this game to be released in 2018 and especially if they’re making AoE2 and 3 DE (for whatever reason).

Since the trailer was released so far before the game’s launch, the hype from it will die down far before the game is released and many people will forget about the game. I hope they have a plan.

Pretty sure any died down hype would come right back. I think it was wise to finally let us know it’s happening. After all these years, the screaming was kinda getting old. Now we can enjoy the DE releases without the constant jabber that they shouldn’t be releasing old titles and should be giving us aoe4.

@“Andy P” said:
Pretty sure any died down hype would come right back. I think it was wise to finally let us know it’s happening. After all these years, the screaming was kinda getting old. Now we can enjoy the DE releases without the constant jabber that they shouldn’t be releasing old titles and should be giving us aoe4.

I think the game was announced too early without gameplay footage. So we don’t know anything about it. So i really hope we are going to see something new at early 2018. Some artworks, interviewa or first images.

I would suspect it was a trailer designed to tell people there is something to look forward to and answer the question about the future of the series. Yes I think it was to give some hype but I think more to say “btw guys your favourite series will be having another entry sometimes soon in the future so get excited that the series is still alive and more than simply remastering the classics”.

I figure that too. Part of the point of the trailer was reinforcing the hype for the de’s: “this is not some cash grab, aoe is alive!”

The lack of any useful information means they’re hoarding it to create new hype later.

I highly doubt that they will remain silent all the way through to developments end. My guess is we’ll see actual shots by Feb or so, and more than likely we’ll see something demonstrated around E3 in 2018.
@“Pan Calvus” seems to have the right of it. The announcement does seem more to underline the fact that the DE games are not just cheap shots (even though AOE 1 DE is by no means a cheap shot by the look of things, this is something that perhaps needed to be reiterated).

Also, bear in mind that games are often announced well before the studios are ready to show anything. System Shock 3 was announced earlier this last year, and we still haven’t seen anything of it. Bethesda’s Prey was likewise announced before a real demo was made, as was , in fact, Doom (though granted, we know why we didn’t see much of it before). Either way, not the first time we’ve had an announcement followed by a period of silence. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

I hope aoe4 wil have a great graphic engine for more immersive battles. Something like this.

This is spellforce 3 available next 7 week

@nonlosojimmy I actually tried out the demo last month for that. It’s…nice, but definitely has some issues I never had with other RTS games. The animations are quite dull, and it’s near impossible to make out what’s happening on screen in some maps.

With that said, Relic has a solid track record making amazing looking RTS games that are still very clear, playable and engaging visually, so I imagine we’re in good hands. What I really hope for is the kind of melee animation chaos we got in the first DOW, along with the physics enabled chaos of that and AOE 3.

@Eininfar said:
@nonlosojimmy I actually tried out the demo last month for that. It’s…nice, but definitely has some issues I never had with other RTS games. The animations are quite dull, and it’s near impossible to make out what’s happening on screen in some maps.

With that said, Relic has a solid track record making amazing looking RTS games that are still very clear, playable and engaging visually, so I imagine we’re in good hands. What I really hope for is the kind of melee animation chaos we got in the first DOW, along with the physics enabled chaos of that and AOE 3.

Yes. There’s a bit confusion during battles but this game is actually One of best that i’ve ever seen, speaking about graphic engine.

I think its a good idea to announce a game long before a release, for instance you have us the fans on the forums talking about it. Nothing is guaranteed at this point so we actually can make an impact. I think that’s the purpose of it, gets everything in motion without much of a promise other then the title itself.

@MakeMelodic said:
I think its a good idea to announce a game long before a release, for instance you have us the fans on the forums talking about it. Nothing is guaranteed at this point so we actually can make an impact. I think that’s the purpose of it, gets everything in motion without much of a promise other then the title itself.

I myself think so too like you already said they probably want to make a impact on us so that we know we still get a new game from them and we even have the chance to take a passiv part in the creation of the game with disscusions like what era do we wish for the ne AoE4 and others.

I don’t see any problem y easy make another video with alpha version and make more hype. Mostly of people wait for this game more longer since AoE 3 or AoE online.

Evil Genius 2 was announced with no trailer or gameplay footage, only it was “in production”.

Not every game requires a trailer or in-game footage.

I prefer blog style updates anyway.

I really Hope they’ll show something next month. Some artworks or 3d renders would be cool. At least we could say “so aoe4 Will be set in…”

Yeah I definitely don’t think they announced it too early. It’s really not that difficult to build hype up for a game. What’s more difficult is managing that hype for a game. If they release a few screenshots here, then a video there, and as we get closer some in game developer play through’s they’ll have no problem sparking interest back into the hearts of the fans. This franchise is well known and its fans have been demanding a new installment since the third one came out.

@nonlosojimmy said:
I hope aoe4 wil have a great graphic engine for more immersive battles. Something like this.
https://youtu.be/Mzv4rrX-YZ0

This is spellforce 3 available next 7 week

The orcs in the trailer actually remind me of the fact that i would really like aoe4 to be a little bit magical instead of 100% realistic.

That technically was a teaser than a trailer.