We must seek a consensus for the majority of players

Brainstorm ideas that you know most or the vast majority of players want in the game (or don’t care), separating balance from multiplayer elements.

P.S: It’s not what you personally want and you don’t know if others agree with it or not, it’s something you want and you know that many agree with it.

1. Delhi to have good strong elephants that are 100% worth using in every game with all appropriate upgrades affecting TEs.
  2. Chinese early game utility.
  3. Color pick.
  4. Map ban’anas.
  5. Quick Match masteries.
  6. Option to not render: water, shadows, extra animations, etc…
  7. Map editor.
  8. ELO score visible in game at any time.
  9. Dev faces with content-aware troll face on siege tower.
  10. RECONNECT
  11. Fixed siege balance (like in video)
  12. For all 1st & 3rd party platform discussions to matter toward improving the game.
3 Likes

I just want the things that are in every other RTS game…

FAIR MAPS FOR ALL ONLINE (not geared for 1 faction or the other)
SOMEWHAT BALANCED CIVS (aka Mongoles this patch .Far op above all others)
SIEGE OVERHAUL

ALL THE QUILTY OF LIFE THINGS LIKE…
MAP BLACKLIST
COLOR PICKING ONLINE
CUSTOM HOTKEYS
MAP EDITOR
MOD SUPPORT
RANKED TEAM AND FFA. KOTH AND OTHER GAMES ALSO
NEW CIVS PLANED ON DLC

1 Like

I don’t know if the sieges review is something majority, the rest is logical.

The elephant thing is debatable, the rest I think is something that almost everyone wants.

Team game cold/warm color assignment for different teams (if manually choosing color is not optional).
Map blacklist.
Custom hotkey for cycling through certain building type (barrack, blacksmith, lumbermill, etc).
View map after game finishes.
Chinese landmark buff.
English late game buff.
Regnitz nerf.
Ovoo nerf.

1 Like

According to several professionals, the Late Game of English is not bad (it is not wonderful either), the problem of English lies in the Mid Game according to the data. For the rest, I think there is a broad consensus.

English overall is a very “meh” civ

It’s like the foundation of basic

Anyways to the topic at hand.

Features (I believe) most people will agree we need:

More maps/map builder
Mod support
Siege tweaks
Player color selection
Random civ/map option
Abbasid landmark reworks
Camel reworks
Add more unique units to civs, one is not enough, also why do some civs get one or two unique units while other civs get 3-4 or even 5 (HRE vs China for example)
Formations, patrol, follow, and guard commands
Longer wonder timers on team maps
Longer sacred site timers on team maps
Viability increase for late/mid/early game for certain civs.
General civ balance for 1v1 (yes I don’t play 1v1 but a matchup like HRE vs Mongols would be heavily skewed to mongols early game as HRE does not rush well)
Reconnect feature
Ability to leave quick match lobby without resetting all the players searches, just let one person leave and find another for the slot, why reset the whole room?
Ability to leave quick matches without having to alt+f4 or go to skirmish menu
Increased zoom out and in option
More game modes in general

Things I personally want but people may not agree with:
Crews for siege
Treaty game mode
Regicide game mode
Civ creator (similar to empire Earth 2’s, where you take different elements/units/special abilities of existing civs and combine them to make your own custom civ)
More detailed detail cards for units similar to aoe3 with extensive info on counters, damage, etc etc, and the historical unit descriptions that tell where and how the units originated.

5 Likes

Make all game modes OPTIONAL, so you would have 6 modes: LANDMARKS OR SACRED OR WONDER OR TREATY (20, 40, 60) OR SUPREMACY OR REGICIDE or any combination of those. The more options they give the players is better. (Am I asking for too much??, is this THAT hard and technologically impossible?)

4 Likes

There are some proposals that are debatable if a majority likes them, but I still say that most of these proposals have to be included soon.

To make a real consensus than we should make a section called “The official community polls” and by this way we can see the true demand of suggestions.

2 Likes

i think our wishes are matching perfectly, including your personal preferences

1 Like