We need an only random button

How are you people?
So, lately a lot of discussion has been going on about how the pool map eradicated “arena clowns” and other type of one-mappers that had an elo that wasn’t real at all, due to only being good in one map.

That’s why I like the current system. Randomness favours skills (and fun).
The problem is it brought a far worse thing:

Civ-picking try-harders

Every one is picking the best civ available. Italian in islands, persians in mediterranean, mongols in Serengeti

Why I can’t play random civ anymore? I mean I keep playing to the same civs and loosing to people I wouldn’t if it was not about the civ advantage. Is suuuuper boring. It’s not about winning or losing, ks about fairness and facing the same civ over and over again.

That’s why I would like an “only random” button. No pick civ allowed in this mode. That way, civ pickers can play between them, and we can go playing randomness again

What are your thoughts?

P. S.: btw, this happens in all levels. I’m 1200 in 1v1, so it’s not this guys are trying to enter the top 100

1 Like

Seriously, I can’t believe no one cares about this

1 Like

random civ for random map sounds only fair. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also love that mode, especially when paired with random teams and a random map. I think you didn’t get a lot of responses cause the same topic came in many other threads.
We’re hoping for a separate ELO/queue that reflects your true average level for that type of game, and not get inflated by your level with your favorite civ on your favorite map.

That mode is a breath of fresh air for me. And when I use a new civ, I learn more about how to face it when I go back to my beloved berbers.

2 Likes

I hope devs will find a way to implement it

1 Like

Thread 761854787658 about this subject. Time to implement it into the game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s not the 2nd thread I make avout ir, and, frankly, I don’t care. This is super important and I’ll keep insisting on it. Considering my personal crusade.

1 Like

Why people that want this feature insist in repeatedly create request threads. I feel like each person who advocated for that has at least 5 topics about it here.

Please don’t spam, remain on the already existing topics for the subject.

1 Like

Because toppics get forgotten, an the claim is still unattended?

1 Like

Forgotten?! Most of the topics are still up, you can still comment on them as much as you want — one was active just last week.

What actually happened is that this discussion have been brought and debated so many times here that it is exhausted. There’s nothing new to add, and the child-like behavior of mindlessly insisting for the implementation won’t add to the chances of the feature being implemented. At this point is simply spam.

1 Like

It worked with auto scout 11.

It’s funny you don’t think the 10 toppics about indians were spam, but this is. Anyway, it is not up to you to decide it

1 Like

Every civs has its tools to take home the victory. It’s mostly skill that will decide who will win and who will loose, even more at lower-intetmediate level. 1200 people don’t know how to do a maa opening, i don’t think they optimize every aspect of their game. Just play more and improve, and try to understand why you lose. I promise you that for most game, it’s not because of the civ.
I hate when I play against someone that play persian, but it’s more gratifying when you win.

1 Like

It’s not a git gud issue. 2 vs 2 scandinavia is almost every time mongols and japs. Some civs are too good in certain maps. That’s why I want to play random. Because otherwise we only get to see the same civs all over agaib

2 Likes

I agree with you

Random Maps and Random Civs should be the only options

1 Like