We need voice chat

We need a voice chat in the new Age of Empires II: DE because with voice chat communication will be more easier please don’t forget to add this feature to your new game Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition

2 Likes

I doubt this. is kind old engine. this can take a while.

1 Like

Hi, welcome here. Although voice chat could be an addition if done well I don’t think they have to integrate this as you could use e.g. Discord for that too.

3 Likes

A discord or Teamspeak option could be great, or a way to see in discord the player status etc

1 Like

I think too Voice Chat is a good features in Aoe2 DE, when I play with random player I didn’t have time for look Discord ID from all users.
Mabye it can give a mod or something they kick you automatical in a Discord lobby with all Players in the Lobby

3 Likes

What Discord really should do is integrate a dedicated streamer channel for Discord servers where streamers after approval of the server admin easily can publish their live streams real-time by connecting with their discord account to that server (or even multiple servers and #channel-name). This could be a nice API functionality for all third party streaming platforms like Mixer, Twitch, YouTube and so on. Yeah, I know it’s a great idea.

1 Like

xbox voice chat, they want integrated many service as possible.

Yes, and a feature like discord rich presence for Age would be nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think they explained this during AoE1: DE. It’s not about an engine limitation, but they kind of decided against a voice chat feature due to unwanted toxicity in the game.

5 Likes

all is possible but , no time to such thing. maybe… can be included update 7…8…9…10 .

1 Like

Option for muting the assmouths should fix this?

2 Likes

Yes, or maybe have it turned off by default. Because most of the players are casuals who’d go into a game having no idea why they are hearing people cursing and how to stop it.

2 Likes

Effect of the boar steal would be more noticeable :smiley:

Give the boar back?

1 Like

Discord is prefered i would agreed

4 Likes

Agree, game should support voice chat. As far as ‘outdated engine’, that’s no excuse. Older games such as Counter Strike supported voice on older engines, and i see no point in forcing people register and install a third party tool to communicate in-game.

Just because you use it it doesn’t mean it’s the proper option.

1 Like

For me in game voice chat is an open door to toxicity but maybe I’m pessimistic…

3 Likes

I do not think we need voice chat. From playing games with voice chat as an option like Rust it’s just abused by racists, edgy people and trolls. Although you could turn it off in random team games you’ll turn it back on to see if players are saying anything or trying to communicate. Best to not add it into the game. Doesn’t really make sense also as usually voice chat is when your character is close to another player but in aoe 2 that won’t be the case.

1 Like

I do see another negative side effect whether voice chat would be implemented or not. When games are streamed live a spy could be added in the voice chat who watches the live stream and gives advise about tactics and were the enemy and their resources are to be found. These things could be done using Discord already. Regarding fair competitive play the developers should address this possible abuse.

1 Like

whatever…

can be fine avoid toxic edgy trolls.
the old version I never need this kind of unnecessary stuff.
but I think zoomers aren’t accustomed to these old guy things.

All these concerns can easily be addressed by making VoIP opt-in, and spectators wouldn’t be part of voice chat. Voice chat would be only for those on the same team.

Other games have solved the ‘spy’ issue by delaying spectators stream by 5-10 minutes

1 Like