WE should get units into walls with gates or no?

seeing the HORRENDOUS mass of troops getting up in the wall and coming down again just for getting out of my city looks bad.

Here are my solutions:

No1: Units cannot go up into walls with gates , it would fix the problem. And it would make towers more usable.
No2 : fixing the pathfinding of unit to not get ontop of walls just when you just want to get your units outside the city

imo it would be better the first option (because it also gives interesting values to towers) and because it also fixes the problem in an easy way.

Being forced to make a tower in order to enable units to be placed on walls is a bit much imo. Gates and towers allowing access to walls is fine. Seems the issue is more about pathfinding. If there are many units accessing a gate simultaneously they seem to ‘push’ eachother when trying to squeeze through and some are pushed up onto the wall itself. Could just implement some pathfinding parameters for gates to prevent this. Or maybe alow gates to be dragged like walls for you to be able to build a gate that’s x2 normal size.

1 Like

Thank you @marcoracosta205 and @Isaacans. You have been heard. I’ll take this feedback to the team. Appreciate it!

1 Like

Thanks for seeing it at least! Let’s make aoe4 better!

1 Like