We Want Age Of Empire 4!

@Amphiprion6 said:

@KingDarBoja said:
Why not tanks at least? (Lazerguns sound like Halo Wars).

Becouse majority of aoe community don’t want ^^. Not rational argument, just, in my opinion, aoe need bow, sword, horse etc… not modern army.

Age 3 had guns.

@smitske said:

@Amphiprion6 said:

@KingDarBoja said:
Why not tanks at least? (Lazerguns sound like Halo Wars).

Becouse majority of aoe community don’t want ^^. Not rational argument, just, in my opinion, aoe need bow, sword, horse etc… not modern army.

Age 3 had guns.

Aoe 2 had guns.

I’m pretty sure we’ll see interesting news about franchise at Gamescom 2017. New Age of empires is coming.

Phil Spencer said AOE there will be a great future for AOE

read this:

@smitske said:
Age 3 had guns.

aoe3 have not tank, have bow / sword / shield / horse etc…

@nonlosojimmy said:
I’m pretty sure we’ll see interesting news about franchise at Gamescom 2017. New Age of empires is coming.

Phil Spencer said AOE there will be a great future for AOE

read this:

Phil Spencer interview: 'We have work to go do' on improving the Windows Store, UWP | PC Gamer

They say a lot, its marketing.
They consider milking the legacy with low quality stuff as TOTD a great future.
Or pay 2 win like AoEO.

Who does not want an AoE4? But now we have something incredible going on, let’s enjoy the moment!

I would love an AoE4 as long as they do it right. Don’t rush it, don’t try and milk the name, and make sure it’s the best ■■■■ game you’ve ever made. I wouldn’t mind a modern take on the game, it could be fun. We’ve had more than enough Medieval ages, I would be curious about what AoE would be like with missiles and grenade launchers :smiley:

@Smoshi said:
I would love an AoE4 as long as they do it right. … I wouldn’t mind a modern take on the game, it could be fun. … I would be curious about what AoE would be like with missiles and grenade launchers :smiley:

A more modern AoE might be able to be good, but it would take work like you said. I’m not really sure if you could implement the trench warfare of WWI without making the game much too tedious. And what is WWI without trench warfare? There were balloons in AoE3, so technically flying units are not without precedent. That said, massive fleets of dreadnaughts blasting away at each other could be entertaining. Perhaps work it out as a five age system again like AoE3. Pre-WWI, WWI, Inter-war era, WWII, early post-WWII. Think of all the campaigns they could whip up with that to play with.

Tell me you wouldn’t feel at least a little guilty crushing some n00b who is still in the late Victorian era with your Migs and Shooting Stars though. XD

@KingDarBoja said:
:lol: I thought the purpose of the series was to teach us a historical event through the management and strategy of a civilization. And if we think about it, that is basically all human history, from ancient times (and even before) to modernity.

Also, empires have existed every time with just different categories (Imperialism, Monarchy, etc) e.g. Austro-Hungarian Empire. Why not tanks at least? (Lazerguns sound like Halo Wars).

Maybe tanks can have a similar role to paladins and cataphracts. Instead of a pike counter for them, you could have Panzerfausts. You would definitely need to be able to make and control formations though.

I do agree on the lasers though. If I want those, I’ll fire up Halo Wars. AoE to me was first and foremost about history. Not necessarily only “empires” such as ancient Rome, but strong and notable nations of the past. Learn a tiny bit of history and have a blast doing it. Doing SciFi departs completely from that imo. AoE for the past, Halo Wars for the future for me.

I have always been dreaming of AoE with tanks and machine guns…

So yes! I cross my fingers for it.

@PedroDJDaddy22 said:
My Dream is AGE OF EMPIRE 4 !!! World War 1 or W.e i just want AOE 4

BUENAS TARDES! ESTARÍA MUY BUENO TENER HASTA INCLUSIVE LA GUERRA MODERNA! PERO NO CREO QUE PARA ESTE AÑO ESTE LISTO! CREO QUE ESTO ES UNA PRUEBA DE COMO SALEN LAS VENTAS DE ESTA RE EDICIÓN, Y DEPASO PARA QUE VEAN ESTA “NUEVA” CAMADA DE “GAMERS” QUE EN REALIDAD Y SIN OFENDER A NADIE, ESTÁN CON TODO TOTALMENTE SERVIDO! COMO POR EJEMPLO LA SELECCIÓN DE ALDEANOS PARA RECOLECTAR!, EL TIEMPO DE ARMADO!, EL VER COMO SE VA DESARROLLANDO LA ESTRUCTURA!, EL TIEMPO DE ESPERA PARA CAMBIAR DE EDAD! Y NO TENER QUE ESTAR PAGANDO PARA TODO!!! SON JUEGOS PARA DISTRACCIÓN, DESESTRESAR, PASAR EL RATO COMO QUIERAN! QUE SAQUEN SU GANANCIA SOLO CON LA VENTA DEL MISMO! IGUAL COMPARTO LA IDEA DEL AOE4 PERO CON MUCHA CALIDAD DE GRÁFICOS MANTENIENDO LA BASE ORIGINAL DEL JUEGO!

Well it would be hard to implement the new kinds of warfare in a single game with ages to go through. E.g. the first age being WW1, the gameplay would be more like trench warfare, just sending troops to the enemy while firing with artillery. In the next age you would need to adjust the gameplay to this dynamic “Blitzkrieg”. And then in a chapter after you would have alter the gameplay from mass army to special forces. But also the problem on how someone would implement planes, atomic bombs etc. … I guess it is just impossible to create an AOE with such an discontinuous gameplay.

After remaking AOE1 I doubt they would miss out the opportunity to profit off an expansion or two, considering how they released new expansions after the remake of AOE2 and how well loved the game is. That would mean we will have to wait atleast a little while for an expansion. Moreover it would be hard to imagine an AOE4 which is set during the modern era that remains true to the original series. It would feel like an entirely different game.

I find it really hard to imagine that a new AoE4 will be created, since it has to take place in modern times. And I don’t think that this setting would stick to the AoE series that well.

@Manello1 said:
I find it really hard to imagine that a new AoE4 will be created, since it has to take place in modern times. And I don’t think that this setting would stick to the AoE series that well.

yes. agree. Ancient or medieval times are the best periods.

@Manello1 said:

Why would it have to take place in modern times? They could just as well make an AoE IV set in ancient or medieval times. And I’d prefer that, too.

@GeohDude said:
Like others mentioned, AoE shifting to modern warfare, would not follow the “history” of the game. I am fine with a remaster, especially on console, because it’ll target a new audience and potentially recruit new AoE fans. Which can in-turn lead to more content.

Are you saying you’ve never Nuke Trooper’d.

@ComboCookie said:
I have always been dreaming of AoE with tanks and machine guns…

So yes! I cross my fingers for it.

As most of you, I also hope for an AOE in ancient or medieval times, especially in the medieval time.
I know a lot of people, who think the same and would buy a new Age of Empires 4.
They said, that we can expect more information about Age of Empires on Gamescom. I don’t think, that they will present a completely new Age of Empires, but there is a small probability, that they show us more than an addon or something like this. But it’s just a little hope :slight_smile:

@justastupidman said:
Why would it have to take place in modern times? They could just as well make an AoE IV set in ancient or medieval times. And I’d prefer that, too.

Yeah but I don’t know if they would jump now in the time since they continued the series in a row on a
continous timeline.

@Manello1 said:

@justastupidman said:

Yeah but I don’t know if they would jump now in the time since they continued the series in a row on a
continous timeline.

As I suggested in other discussions they could make something like a an alternative age of empires where they add the best features from all aoe games and it still could be in ancient or medieval times.