Welcome to the Festival of Ages! (Season 1 Update)

https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age-iv-festival-of-ages/

HYPE LETS GO

17 Likes

I wonder how many people will return to try it. How it will be after this update is basically the bare minimum for how it should have been at launch. Maybe they can get enough hype around the update to get everyone to see it as the real launch of the game and give it another try.

4 Likes

It is a long path for IV to come on top of the genre and rock the foundations of competitive multiplayer in the image of accomplishments of the second installment, that developers set themselves on (willingly or not). But as long as support is genuine and people behind that support are passionate and dedicated to turning it into something amazing- I think it’s hard to come up with arguments for not supporting them :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I was sufficiently impressed with the PUP that I have been waiting just to try out the new content.

2 Likes

Next week it comes! Oh yeah, finally :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hurray! Hope it is not April Fool’s joke KEKW.

Anyway can’t wait to see the full patch list! It will the solid step to revive AOE IV! Hype

3 Likes

Looking forward to this!

2 Likes

I am very much looking forward to the update :yellow_heart:

I am sure Eliot will rise in the rankings and become a serious competitor for Beastyqt and other pro players :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you very much developers :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Things are looking great.
Hats off to the devs. I know the game has its problems, but its clear that a lotbof work and love is being put into this game.
Also the streams and communitcation are greatly appreciated!

Thank you devs.

9 Likes

Super excited, and looking forward to the new Art of War challenge! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hmm, I wonder where my slightly less powerful Delhiboys will go in season 1.

Exciting!

I wonder what will happen to the current elo leaderboard.

2 Likes

yes, me too. I thought ranked is only a season and the ladder stays?
so quickmatches arent relevant in the future for rank or elo?

I believe they said that the QM leaderboard will remain as is.

I think it is cleaning itself with a 3 month activity interval.

There used to be over 100k gamers in the stats, but i found out this week that the names which can be found dropped to 30k.

sorry for the dumb question, but is a QM identical like ranked match or is it a different mode?

I could not find any information about it.

It’s a separate ranking system.

The current ladder is just a passive ELO counter.

It will remain as it is.
I kinda like that approach though. It means we can go all out with our main civs on ranked and leave qm for more chilled games, learning new civs or testing new builds.

1 Like