Well I'm hyped, what's everyone's thoughts?

Empire Earth 1 also has a campaign where you can play as William the Conqueror!! :smiley: :smiley:

AoE3 graphics at least unit graphics look much better than this new AoE4.

1 Like

i really loved the looking of the game and graphics i personally donā€™t care about the scale of the building as i want to have a solid basebuilding in the game, the mongols seems very interesting from what i have seen in the gameplay part them being able to move their building and build unique ngl iā€™m gonna play them the moment i get the game.

as for now iā€™m more interested in the units ambush as it seems it will build more strategic plans in the game, and the units being able to be on walls is gonna make siege more fun personally from what i have seen it seems it will only for stone walls and not palisade walls, i have hope for this game.

2 Likes

Oh yes! The unit ambushes! That looks very interesting, I think it seems like theyā€™re pushing for more actual battlefield tactics, which Iā€™d welcome (being an avid total war fan)

2 Likes

also the game is on the steam store page

Well, yeah, but gameplay is one thing and graphics another. And both have to go hand in handā€¦

Unit scale way too big compared to buildings, units too cartoonish or colorful, low poly units, bad horse running animations, arrows donā€™t cast light/shadows and donā€™t blend well with scenery, arrow size too big, arrows goes too fast and complete absence of velocity (same speed from start to finish), arrows disappear too quickly and doesnā€™t penetrate units, no blood, fire animation with low frames/refresh rate, fire effect looks bad, fire icon on buildings not needed (I hope we can toggle it on/off), group of units changing direction in a squary way, gold civilian ghosts constructing buildingsā€¦ what is that? Bad design choice, please remove thatā€¦ this doesnā€™t look realistic! I havenā€™t seen separate builded towers appart them tied to the walls.

Iā€™m honestly very disappointedā€¦ :frowning: Sorry for being harsh but this is the truth. It looks like a mobile game or a kickstarter project made by a small indie dev studio. Guess I will have to stay to AOE2 for another 10 yearsā€¦ I was disappointed in AOE3 when it was released, and now the same history is repeating again ;(

Rest is not bad especially the diversity in look between the different empires and unit/building designs.

Please make sure AI build an army before attackingā€¦ not like in AOE2 where they keep sending single units. AI need a huge overhaul.

2 Likes

I donā€™t get what you mean there. Care to explain?

Well a lot of that stuff could be unfinished, letā€™s remember the game doesnā€™t release till fall.

Canā€™t fancy there would be only 4. Impossible. Ha! How would they justify these last 5 years? Na, theyā€™re feeding us one spoon at a timeā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t think gameplay was intentionally simplified, but the graphics were. And it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: shows! :roll_eyes::tired_face:

Yeah but itā€™s getting late to fix all that. All those things should have been pointed out by the lead artistsā€¦ any veteran AOE players would not accept that, it is so blatant and noticeable, it all stand out just after a few seconds. This is why Iā€™m getting worried and have doubt it will ever be fixed, at all.

1 Like

Yā€™all just a bunch or negative Nancyā€™s.

2 Likes

You may be right, and I donā€™t know much about graphic design, but shadowing, scaling, blood etc seem like final touch type stuff. I do agree that the golden ghost villagers is kinda oddā€¦

2 Likes

Well, people on palisade walls would be truly harsh, hahaha.

it would be an absolute cancer ngl lol

8 civs at launch thats what i heard

1 Like

I donā€™t know how long youā€™ve been an age fan but I am since the first one got released. The third one was a disappointment and I have been waiting for 16 years since thenā€¦ itā€™s normal we have a standard. Do you seriously think I want to wait another 16 years? I will let my opinion be voiced whether itā€™s bad or not, they need to fix this game before we get it. The flaws are obvious. Just the wrong scale alone is an immersion killer and something possible to fixā€¦ scale down units, particle effects, projectiles and change unit speed.

1 Like

Damn hyped about AOE 4ā€¦ for AOE 2, not so muchā€¦the devs still stuck in Europe when there is Africa, South Asia, Caucasiasā€¦ hopefully they will add more dlc in future

3 Likes

Wellā€¦ It is almost 4AM so not really. It is basically the AoE 3 gameplay mechaninc where when a single unit gets hit ALL the unit slow down, as if they were ALL stunned. :smiley: