What about other OC?

On Mic-site i see AoE:DE for 10 OC. It’s worked on 7, 8 and 8.1?
Or should I wait for further information about this? Or the game Already supports the previous OC?

@WombedMonkey439 said:
Or should I wait for further information about this? Or the game Already supports the previous OC?

AoE:DE is a Windows 10 and Windows Store exclusive.

@rhrmn said:

@WombedMonkey439 said:

Creators update.

@WombedMonkey439 said:

It’s been officially stated that the game will ONLY run on Windows 10 PCs (that are updated) and the Microsoft Store is the ONLY way to get the game. They have no current plans of releasing this game on Steam or other clients.

So if you have a Windows 7 or 8.1 PC and you didn’t upgrade it to Windows 10 when Microsoft was giving it away for free. . . . then you need to buy and install the Windows 10 OS on your PC in order to play this game. If you don’t want to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10 you can just buy a new Windows 10 PC to go along with your Windows 7/8.1 PC, that way you have the best of both worlds. Either way. . . . you have to have Windows 10 to play the game.

I’m just thankful there’s finally going to be a remaster of this game and if that means Windows 10 is the only place they’re comfortable to make that happen, then so be it.

@SuperShadowSage
That kinda stupid, dont ya think?
I personally don’t want to use OS 10 because I don’t like the interface but to buy another PC for one game… a little Expensive. I have regretted that I took that Fallout 4 (as nothing for pre-order I have not received).
Right now I don’t want to disrespect such an iconic game, but to take remasted from Blizzard and their StarCraft - he’s multiplatform, and can run on the 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (I think), and even on MacOS.
Also, no one has canceled the original StarCraft that can work on anything using Daemom-Tools.
So what prevents to support at least 8.1, or to make, say, an addon that allows Us to play on platforms of the old generation.

@Augustusman said:

@rhrmn said:

@WombedMonkey439 said:

Creators update.

It’s possible this will change to Fall Creators Update before release.

If you would like to play the game you could install Windows 10 on your PC alongside Windows 7 etc - lookup how to setup a dualboot on youtube :slight_smile:

@WombedMonkey439 said:
@SuperShadowSage
That kinda stupid, dont ya think?
I personally don’t want to use OS 10 because I don’t like the interface but to buy another PC for one game… a little Expensive. I have regretted that I took that Fallout 4 (as nothing for pre-order I have not received).
Right now I don’t want to disrespect such an iconic game, but to take remasted from Blizzard and their StarCraft - he’s multiplatform, and can run on the 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (I think), and even on MacOS.
Also, no one has canceled the original StarCraft that can work on anything using Daemom-Tools.
So what prevents to support at least 8.1, or to make, say, an addon that allows Us to play on platforms of the old generation.

You really hate the new interface that much? You do realize it’s customizable, right? About buying a new Win10 PC. . . . obviously you won’t be buying it for a single game. . . . that wasn’t the point. I sarcastically made that statement to emphasis that Win10 is the only way to play this particular game (or pretty much any Universal Windows Platform (UWP) game).

As ToastyVirus1203 stated, a dualboot of Win10 and Win7/8 is another option.

@ToastyVirus1203 said:
If you would like to play the game you could install Windows 10 on your PC alongside Windows 7 etc - lookup how to setup a dualboot on youtube :slight_smile:

I think its really stupid to have a second OS on System only to play a single Game.
Win 10 just sucks… complicate to use, and its not chooseable when to update the system it do it autamtically and always when i got no time to wait to install. Just sucks. Win 7 all the way!

@Silmaril said:

@ToastyVirus1203 said:

I think its really stupid to have a second OS on System only to play a single Game.
Win 10 just sucks… complicate to use, and its not chooseable when to update the system it do it autamtically and always when i got no time to wait to install. Just sucks. Win 7 all the way!

Actually you can now delay any update by up to 365 days

In the new update?? Didnt looked into update.

@Silmaril said:

@ToastyVirus1203 said:

You’re entitled to that opinion of course but there are some who may find it useful, educational and even fun to play with another operating system :slight_smile:

Windows 7 fans are beginning to sound a lot like the Windows XP Fans back when Win7 came out

@sonictimm said:
Windows 7 fans are beginning to sound a lot like the Windows XP Fans back when Win7 came out

Yes then… is time to shutdown.

@sonictimm said:

Not right, when 7 came out it was like we had XP back, but Win 7 was even better. When Vista came out it was more like Win XP is better.

We should list our favorite Windows’ the same way we do for Age Games
AOE > AOEIII > AOE II
Windows XP > Windows 10 > Windows 7 > Windows 9x > Windows Vista > Windows ME