What are the enemy's victory conditions in the Ascent of Egypt campaign, Farming scenario?

In this scenario (Farming), the user’s victory conditions are: (1) control the Ruin, and (2) stockpile 800 food.

Well, last time I played it, I was controlling the Ruin, and was battling the enemy successfully. I even had to stop my farmers because I was close to the 800 food goal, and I wanted to neutralize the enemy before achieving the goal. All of a sudden, a message appears saying “You were defeated.” Which makes me wonder: What are the enemy’s victory conditions? This never happened in the same scenario of the original AoE.

Thank you.

Did you have control of the ruins when the “You were defeated” message appeared? It’s possible that the computer player controlled the ruins for 2,000 years and won.

Hey @rhrmn,

I did… my Scout was there all the time, making sure the Ruin was blue.

I’m conjecturing that the developers also gave the enemy the “stockpile 800 food” victory condition, by mistake.

Cheers

Maybe there’s some sort of time limit or something just to prevent the mission from running forever? Would be weird though, there isn’t one on other missions. Your explanation sounds better.

Hi @“Pan Calvus”, I thought of that. But then I played the mission again, this time focusing on preventing the enemy from gathering food, and I let the time pass… well, nothing happened when it reached the 32’ mark when I was mysteriously “defeated” the first time.

I wish the campaigns were open for us to tweak them.

In any case, it would be swell if a developer could take a look at the enemy’s victory condition in this particular scenario, and correct it for the next content update.

Cheers

I did a while back manage to get into the game files - not in a position to look right now as I have just moved house but if I remember later I might have a peek and see. :slight_smile:

@nottudwill That’s exciting!
If you find a way to copy or modify those, I want to know everything :slight_smile:

Ok so I managed to take a copy of the official campaign and put them in the accessible campaigns folder so the campaign editor can read it but it said that it contained no scenarios. Tried a campaign editor from AOEH but it is for the old format and would not recognise the new format.

I have uploaded the campaign file in case you have better luck with it…

Is there anything in the hints about not letting the enemy do things?

@Penelinfi said:
Is there anything in the hints about not letting the enemy do things?

No, nothing. Only that we should defend ourselves… that foraging is limited… where to find the ruin… things like that.

I had a simillar issue on other scenario of the campaign Ascent of Egypt.

In “River Outpost”, the game give me the victory by defeating all enemy units, not by building the Town Center and the towers in the island. The tutorial needs a revision on the win conditions and the triggers.

@Inaki199595 said:
I had a simillar issue on other scenario of the campaign Ascent of Egypt.

In “River Outpost”, the game give me the victory by defeating all enemy units, not by building the Town Center and the towers in the island. The tutorial needs a revision on the win conditions and the triggers.

Yes it’s the same for all scenario. You have 2 ways for win.

Sometimes victory conditions get messed up if you play an old scenario with AoE:DE. I had this with my own old AoE/RoR scenarios. When I opened some of them with DE, I suddenly got a direct Defeat message. After refreshing the victory conditions, that bug mysteriously disappeared.

Chances are, if you could edit the scenario, you might not even see what’s wrong; possibly there isn’t even any visible victory condition for the computer player. But if you could refresh the victory conditions they might suddenly work fine.

Still. This is a professional product to be sold. They really should have re-tested their old campaigns more thoroughly. It shouldn’t be up to us to fix it…