What can be done to salvage AoE4?

No way, coh2 runs wayyyy better, it has issues when there is a lot of smoke in screen but everything else runs fine, also coh2 had a lot of physics and eye candy like explosions, beautiful animations etc…

ColdTech was disabled due to performance complaints (in MP I believe), and additionally didn’t work well with SLI / Crossfire configurations.

(loved it as a concept, though)

I used to get single-digit FPS on medium settings on the performance test with my old hardware (which should’ve been more than enough for a game released in 2013).

You like CoH 2, that’s great! I’m not putting the game down, I think it’s pretty clear I like what Relic do with their games in general. But it most definitely was hurting on the performance front, and never seemed to get to the level that their other games did. vDoW II and CR could run pretty poorly at times, but they got that sorted with the Retribution standalone release.

1 Like

Cold tech was disabled because pro community didn’t like it, I was a dumb mechanic, nothing to do with performance issues…

So it ran fine on SLI and Crossfire setups? Pretty sure it didn’t :slightly_smiling_face:

But it’s funny. You talk about CoH 2 having better physics, and then you call ColdTech “dumb”. That’s physics!

I mentioned cold tech a dub mechanic, graphically/physics it look amazing. Also devs mentioned why they removed cold tech time time ago, it seems that you simple made up things to protect your argument.

let it die and move on

3 Likes

for some reason i heard that in “let it go” song way. yeah there a lot of shitpost potential on it

CoH 1 has graphics as more gray, while CoH 2 has the changing climatology and obvious CoH 3 has a lot of color for being in the Mediterranean and North Africa…

Of course, I played the alpha of CoH 3 and hits a dance to AoE 4, leaves him crying in a corner…CoH 3 looks spectacular, AoE 4 in comparison looks very meh and generic…

Terrible nerf to the siege, they destroyed the siege…

the battering ram should at least reduce the price accordingly, since it is the soul of feudal

That’s true…CoH 2 looks good but can sometimes go wrong…

Of course, that can also be…

aoeo players already saw that. Never support ms for aoe games for the sake of it.

At least Aoe Online received its first civ (the Celts) within 7 months of the launch (August 2011-March 2012)… with AoE 4 we are almost for the eighth month and there is no news of anything of a new civ and that today is the Microsoft conference at the Summer Game Fest…

2 Likes

try the pup, in the survey you can give your comments

tbh 8 months isn’t all that long. Aoe2 waited like 1.5 years before first DLC came out I believe. Honestly I would much rather they fix bugs, and make unused in game feature more viable. such as taking advantages of wall and bushes fog of war.

1 Like

a correction. celt and persian in the same day. 1 premium and one f2p

AoE2 was released on September 30, 1999. The Conquerors was released on August 24, 2000, so just shy of 11 months later.