What can help get AOE4 into competitive level RTS scene?

We’re just a broken record at this point, and this has been going on for years btw.
Insert “Where dev response” meme.

You really think that RTS players switch the game because battlefield, halo or whatever releases? RTS is still a nieche and AOE4 wont change this. The average gamer joe wont play a RTS game or maybe play campaign/AI skirmish but not the “unofficial ranked” mode. Its better that they take their time and make useful patches than to rush out any band-aid fixes.

Whilst you say this, there are guys like Sneaky, OddOne, Dyrus and other League of Legends players (just to give one example), with their dozen thousand viewers and followers playing Age of Empires 4. This game has a small window of opportunity to lure some new players in.
This topic is about the game becoming competitive, and competitive relies on marketing, on viewership. Its all about expanding the playerbase and stop being so niche.

1 Like

Agree! of course this things take time to solve. It’s all about the priority being assigned to these items that worries me…

Not at all. It’s a post about improving the user experience in aoe4 so that it is a competitive fun game with a high enough skill level ceiling.

So that is compelling to see being played at high level.

The references are to aoe2 and sc2 user experience / UI, which are pretty good examples.

No, limiting how close you can place TCs to an opponent’s starting TC is a terrible way to do it. The problem is that the mongol building speed upgrade is bugged and instead of increasing move speed by 50% (as listed) it instead more than doubles the speed from .75 to 1.68 - faster than a scout, if I remember correctly.

Limiting TC placement will just turn this game into AOE3 and limit cheese strategies. It’s not cheese that’s the problem, it’s the OP racecar that is attached to the cheese.

1 Like

This is the way.
We need to chill a bit and let them do the work, if you rush they might break something.
PS: I hope they fix only relic duplication bug ASAP, that is not fun

I am well aware of this. I think the devs are definitely going to fix the movement speed to actual values. AND limit the distance you can place structures.

Most popular? Yes in Korea

SC is about being faster than your opponent not smarter…

thats just wrong lol.
its a combination of the two. (speed and strategy)

You don’t just mindlessly throw units at your opponent.
What a wild claim to make.

1 Like

Game has been out for a decade. Everyone has figured out what smart is and how to react to most smarts your opponent throw at you. AT the top level they all know what to do so speed is what differenciates them. And more importantly, thinking fast.

Speed increases the ceiling, thats all. The floor is still established by the strategy. Without micro/speed, the game loses one dimension.

1 Like

That’s the problem. They are being too heavy handed. If they remove the speed there is no need to remove the space limiter because the power of this cheese is its speed and the fact that it is risk free - their TC can outrun your units even when you counter it.

Fix the building speed AND move the Mongol building speed upgrade to Feudal - bam, problem solved. No need for artficial building blockers.

1 Like

My thoughts too. I want these types of tactics to be viable, but fair.

I don’t disagree with you.
But this is for the balance team to argue with you about lol.

Most popular in the world…

That’s why none play that game anymore and everyone are on arcade mode…

1 Like