What civ are you "maining"?

WAS going to main French as a lover of French history, but I also have some hipster in me so now I need to pick something else. Thanks, guys.

Abbasids I guess.

1 Like

Abbasids great, right now lots of people playing Franks, Abbasids kinda hardcounter them :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™m waiting for Japan, Korea, or/and the Ottoman Turks.
But atm Iā€™m maining the Rus. Honestly the Rus are a bit too strong imho. They kind of need a tiny nerf. Mostly to their Streltsyā€™s.

But if Ottomans play simialrly to Ottomans in AoE3, Oh god Iā€™m maining the Ottomans. I loved playing as the ottomans.

5 Likes

No Byzantines no AGE OF EMPIRE 4

1 Like

Mongols is a way of life.

Throat singing intensifies.

Iā€™m just pissed they nerfed mangudai from their former glory in the closed beta (They are still what they should be in the campaign though)

1 Like

Mmm rus, French and abbasid seems to dominate the sceneā€¦

Indeed. I got wrecked several times by them in the beta. Now even the Mongol Dark Age TC bomb doesnā€™t really scare me.

I get too comfortable too quick, so when playing something other than the HRE I always miss the free blacksmith, the early eco boost, the emergency repairs. Even though the civ seems like itā€™s not what they meant it to be (see the HRE topic going on) ā€“ some things could be rebalanced.

The English are indeed one star difficulty, strong on many fronts, but the Abbasid mechanics are fun. Trying to make them my secondary civ.

I still donā€™t know which units to spend in during Castle Age. I get a lot of resources, often 3 TCs (!), but would appreciate any tips on more effective Abbasid units past Castle!

1 Like

All the civs are so interesting. For me, Iā€™m gravitating to Abbasid and Dehli civs.

A quick Ram rush for Abbasid is fun.
Dehli - ELEPHANTS and the fact that you donā€™t have to pay gold for upgrades. Yeah, itā€™s longer but if you use mosques rightā€¦

HRE I think are underrated. If they fix the prelate, they could be quite potent. Especially as they inspire your workers and armies. Iā€™ve had pretty quick feudal times with them. Something about an infantry-based civ sounds intriguing to me since everyone seems to gravitate towards calvary. I could see a sizeable infantry army with Prelates inspiring them as well.

I guess I can say Iā€™m more of a defensive player. The English are great for that and to some extent HRE as well. The English are definitely one thatā€™s easier to grasp.

Actually interested in the Chinese with their Dynasty system. Donā€™t see much talk about them. They seem to be the most complex civ. Dehli is actually straightforward aside from Mosques and the fact that they donā€™t have to spend gold for upgrades.

Mongols are so unique

Donā€™t care for Rus or French. They feel boring age-up then get calvary and harass.

3 Likes

Totally agree, it looks great on paper. Playing against the English, however, itā€™s tough not to open with a Stable instead of Barracks. It is a restrictive civ in some aspects.

1 Like

English or Holy Roman Empire. I like defense.

1 Like

With such a heavy cavalry meta these days, Iā€™ve found castle age cross bow and springalds a great combo, mix in some tanky knights or spears of your own and its a really strong castle age compositionā€¦ you can quickly jot down some rams if the opportunity arises for a push tooā€¦ sometimes rellying on your unique units is the wrong move imo, the standard unit roster is quite strong.

As far as abbasid goes, having a tiny amount of camels for the buffs seems stronger than going straight camels for example, cause theyre so $$$

1 Like

Delhi Sultanate (20 character)

1 Like

Trying to main Mongols at the moment. Only played Mongols and English.

1 Like

Started with HRE but eventually playing with Rus.

Canā€™t get the hang of the HRE at some pointā€¦

1 Like

Mongol civ is very popular in multiplayer matches.

2 Likes

for china! love this civ i always have a ton of fun playing it even if i lose tons of fun but im a trash player lol.

2 Likes

I like Chinese civilization, so I mainly use China, but I also like Mongolian gameplay. Nevertheless, I would like to try HER and Abbasid Dynasty if I have the opportunity.

As for the United Kingdom and France, they should be the last objects I will want to try. These two civilizations are very simple to use, but compared to other countries, they have fewer features.

2 Likes

I like simple and rough civilization. For example, the French or Mongols are more suitable for me. I will give priority to these two. Chinese are the civilization of my country, I will use it occasionally. If nest of bees is not excessively weakened, i will like it very much because it is too rough, lol. I just want to learn to play four civilizations. Itā€™s too difficult to learn all eight.

1 Like

Played french a lot and a bit of rus and HRE. For the Rus I donā€™t really know how to play them, I get the hunts and bring them back to tc and try to play normal from there but I seem to die if I canā€™t get to imp and mass streltsy, mostly against french or english opponents.

1 Like