What civilization did you love playing as?

Greeks and Macedonias with their Phalanx units and ofc Egyptians with their Chariots.

Greeks because their hoplites are a godtier unit with no direct counter because of the speed to close gaps on their otherwise natural counters of archers.

Greeks
Academy units and Warships 30% faster
Missing technologies: Metallurgy, Broad Sword, Monotheism, Jihad, Martyrdom
Missing units: Chariot, War Elephant, Camel Rider, Chariot Archer, Horse Archer, Elephant Archer

Civ Bonuses:
ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Civilizations_(Age_of_Empires)

@ID said:
Greeks because their hoplites are a godtier unit with no direct counter because of the speed to close gaps on their otherwise natural counters of archers.

Greeks
Academy units and Warships 30% faster
Missing technologies: Metallurgy, Broad Sword, Monotheism, Jihad, Martyrdom
Missing units: Chariot, War Elephant, Camel Rider, Chariot Archer, Horse Archer, Elephant Archer

Civ Bonuses:
ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Civilizations_(Age_of_Empires)

Greek hoplites are still easily countered by Composite bowmen and chariot archers in the bronze age. And in the iron age they get destroyed by horse archers even when fully upgraded. Not to mention they are expensive. You would be better off making siege as greek. Hoplites would be better if they would be supported by anti archery units like slingers which should really get a bonze age upgrade, but I doubt this will happen.

babylonians, the aztecs, persians

Romans.

Assyria, always found it had nice diversity. The Sumerians are fun with Stone Throwers.

@AssyrianAxeman Khayat love our culture man

Celts.

Choson or Yamato usually, but I enjoy quite a few civs :slight_smile:

Carthaginians as that was what I played most with the trial version as a kid :slight_smile: