What civilizations would you like to see in this game?

First, this forum is based on purely about what civilizations you want to see in age of empires IV and not about what era it is in. With that being said, there are a few civilizations I want to see. Since we will not see all of them in the base game, we will have to decide what. I left a reason why I wanted to see them
***Rome -because imagine ancient history without them
**Greece -spartans are awesome
**Carthage -War elephants please
***Egypt -They could age up like the asians did in AoE III, the sphinx, pyramid, great pyramid etc.
***Germany -They are important part of history
***Russia -Biggest country in the world right now
***France -So much historical things happened to them
***Great Britain -Because of how many colonies they have made
**Japan -Samurai please
**China -Got to love china and how advanced they were
**Iroquois -I know so much about them and their infrastructure (longhouses, palisades)
*Inca -because they are a great ancient civilization
*Spain -great impact on history
*Portugal -classic
**America -if they go modern
*Korea -nice addition to the game
*Sioux -another good civilization
*Aztec -they got a good empire
*India -highest population in the world right now with so many languages
*Austria and Hungary -Separate or one nation depending of era
*Mexico -because why not
*Brazil -South american nation if the game goes modern
*Canada -because that is where I live, but seriously doubt it will be a thing due to historical reasons

Please add more nations you want to see :smile:

3 Likes

Well, for a post-AoE III set game, many of these civs are unlikely.

Britain, France, Russia, Germany, Italy, China, Japan and the US are likely, I think.

1 Like

Ignoring eras…

Ryukyu
Khmer
Zapotec
Kingdom of Israel
Phoenicia
Swedish Empire
Kalmar Union
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
Split GB up into its component states - Scotland, England, Wales, (North Ireland?)
Songhai
Nubia
Mitanni (<–poor guys never got a fair shake in the first game)
Bactria

1 Like

Well, I could list quite a few, but the ones I -really- want on the list:

Briton
France
Germany
Rome/ Italy
Greece
Persia
India (Mauryan Empire, NOT BRITISH RAJ like AOE 3…) .
Japan
China
Israel (this could be cool!)
Mongolia

3 Likes

@TestableWharf54 said:
Ignoring eras…

Ryukyu
Khmer
Zapotec
Kingdom of Israel
Phoenicia
Swedish Empire
Kalmar Union
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
Split GB up into its component states - Scotland, England, Wales, (North Ireland?)
Songhai
Nubia
Mitanni (<–poor guys never got a fair shake in the first game)
Bactria

Ryukyu, Zapotec, Bactria and Northern Ireland… yes, this needs to happen. If our aim is to destroy Relic once and for all, I strongly suggest you apply for one of their recently-posted job opportunities.

3 Likes

Oh come on, it’d be fun!

1 Like

@AAHale said:
Well, for a post-AoE III set game, many of these civs are unlikely.

Britain, France, Russia, Germany, Italy, China, Japan and the US are likely, I think.

This would be perfect!

1 Like

Maybe Philippines would be cool too. considering Spain, US, and Japan colonized it in the past. Not to mention influences from China and Arab Nations is included also.

2 Likes

@Tyrantissar said:
First, this forum is based on purely about what civilizations you want to see in age of empires IV and not about what era it is in. With that being said, there are a few civilizations I want to see. Since we will not see all of them in the base game, we will have to decide what. I left a reason why I wanted to see them
***Egypt -They could age up like the asians did in AoE III, the sphinx, pyramid, great pyramid etc.
**Japan -Samurai please
**China -Got to love china and how advanced they were
**Iroquois -I know so much about them and their infrastructure (longhouses, palisades)
*Inca -because they are a great ancient civilization
*Spain -great impact on history
*Portugal -classic
**America -if they go modern
*Korea -nice addition to the game
*Sioux -another good civilization
*Aztec -they got a good empire
*India -highest population in the world right now with so many languages
*Austria and Hungary -Separate or one nation depending of era
*Mexico -because why not
*Brazil -South american nation if the game goes modern
*Canada -because that is where I live, but seriously doubt it will be a thing due to historical reasons

Please add more nations you want to see :smile:

I think the most important thing should be that they will be using big and historic civilizations, because when some game makers make strategic games, they only use some of the civilizations, but they forget vital parts of them:
**Japan -Samurai please

BUT ALSO
***Ottoman Empire - Because they had a civilization that longed for 600 years (there might be a reason to that)
***Umayyad empire - Was one of the biggest civilizations in the world. When rest of europe had dark ages, they gave the world the golden ages.

3 Likes

Briton
French
Dutch
Greek
Indian
Japanese
Chinese
Mongolian
Ottoman
Finally, it would be great if the can include small civilizations like Ceylon

2 Likes

If they hold on to the ancient era:

Persians
Egyptians
Romans
Greeks
Babylon
Assyrians
Phoenicians
Celts
Hittite
Minoan
Indus Valley
Sumerian

2 Likes

Ottoman

3 Likes

It would be nice, if it makes sense given the period, to have civilizations from all over the world, in the spirit of aoe2hd. I’ve got a hard time naming specific favorites without any further information on the era. I guess the Chinese will show up in some form…

1 Like

I am not aware of any time period for which an entire side of the world wasn’t substantial.

1 Like

@“Andy P” said:
I am not aware of any time period for which an entire side of the world wasn’t substantial.

Okay, sure, let me explain. Aoe1 focuses mainly on the Near East, the fertile crescent and their neighbors. There are some East-Asian civilizations involved, but they feel a little out of place maybe sometimes, where for instance civilizations from present day Afghanistan, India, Northern Africa or places like Fergana and Bactria might have been more involved with the core setting of the game, even though the East Asians reached certain milestones closer to the times that the Near East reached them than the Central Asians did.

They could have included American civilizations in the game, Sub-Saharan African ones, Polynesian civs etc, and that wouldn’t have necessarily been a bad choice, but it would lead to a different game. You might need to have something like sets of civs that can interact with other members of the same set for campaign purposes, and the multiplayer is plain detached from reality, Deadliest Warrior style. Because the evidence for regular contact between South America and the Middle East by the early classical age at latest is rather thin. By keeping most of the civs from roughly the same region the setting provides lots of credible matchups and a very localized feel. I mean, sure, petard rushing a naval convoy in the shallows is all sorts of ridiculous all by its own, this isn’t exactly Historical War Simulator 2018, but a little bit of flavor can go a long way sometimes. In the setting of say aoe2 for contrast, where you end up fighting with ocean going ships and such, all of the matchups are basically things that could have happened in some form. And even then it would have been a valid choice to focus on one region, say Southeast Asia, and focus on creating more civilizations, units, animals, terrain types, building styles etc from that one place for depth. A little like what the game actually did with the latest two expansions, and also sort of before that, because the base game was pretty Europe based with strong East Asian and Middle Eastern flavors mixed in. It would have been a different game if it had set out from day one to feature the two biggest empires from each continent.

So that’s what I meant (but didn’t fully write out because you can see to what kind of text lengths that leads), the game could choose to focus on a time and place rather than a time alone or a rough technology level alone and it would be a different game for it, but not per definition a worse game or less of an age of empires game. And the choice gets more natural as the period gets earlier, because the world is less globalized. Progress may not be as much of a game changer and as big of a difference as we’re often taught, between the presence of lead-free indoor water works in bronze age cities (yet not in today’s Flint, Michigan) and the existence of female Mongol warriors and such, but free overnight shipping typically still makes contact between say the Netherlands and Korea easier and a bit more natural than the bronze age silk road did. After all, a modern age game about all out war including only NATO countries and Russia would be pretty ridiculous all by itself.

2 Likes

Sorry. I wasn’t going after you. I am just trying to make the point that the series has historically been pretty skewed toward the Mediterranean. The non-Europeans get expansion packs. A forum appropriate word I’d use for this is silly.

2 Likes

Ah forum appropriate word for excrement. I noticed one little - that shouldn’t be there and tried to remove it and seem to have deleted my entire post between the two posts from Andy.

For anyone reading this: it was very good, you missed a master piece. Ones in a lifetime quality, and so involved with the world. Never coming back I’m afraid.

Okay, restart old forum habit of always Ctrl-C’ing your work.

Incredibly condensed summary: it’s not bad to focus on a time and place rather than just a time or a rough tech level, just different, and it becomes more natural to make that choice as you go further back into a less globalized world.

1 Like

If we are talking about civilizations then we should include,

The Indus Valley civilization,
The Mesopatomian civilization,
The Egyptian civilizations,

If we are talking about Kingdoms, (As an Indian I wanna Include the followings)
The Chera Kingdom
The Chozha Kingdom and
The Pandiyan Kingdom
The Vijayanagar empire
The Pallava empires

All the above mentioned Kingdoms and empires belonged to South India and we are having literary sources which we can use for the campaign.

If we are talking about modern era like the world wars times then we may include all the nations that had participated in the world wars, But how are we gonna differentiate each empires??? The weaponry and technology seems to be same, May be we can include the real life scenario of the decline of Nazi, Tsar and so many. Just a suggestion :slight_smile:

1 Like

If it’s around AOE 3 and and beyond ( i don’t want it to be about WW2 -_- then there will be U.S, Japan, U.K, France, Ottomans, China, spain, russia,sigh germany,

1 Like

He, my comment’s back.

If any mod claims responsibility they’re hereby invited over for a beer.

Whenever they’re in the general Brabant area.

1 Like