What Civs would you like to see get their own dedicated official campaign?

For me there are 3 that stand out on this front.
The Vikings, The Chinese, and the Turks, in no particular order.

• Chinese
  • Japanese
  • Koreans
  • Magyars
  • Mayans
  • Persians
  • Slavs
  • Spanish (or change spanish campaign to be solely spanish)
  • Turks
  • Vikings

0 voters

2 Likes

Id like to see for all but main three would be Chineese Persians and Vikings.

2 Likes

Persians are probably 4th or 5th on my list. (roughly tied with Japanese).

Yeah, ideally all civs should have their own standalone campaign, but this is more of a which do you want to see get it most list.

I’m just gonna be the one to say “Every single civ that doesn’t have its own campaign”
That basically means:
Chinese
Japanese
Persians
Turks
Vikings
Koreans
Mayans
Spanish yes they have a campaign but you spend a third of it as Saracens
Magyars It shares its campaign with Slavs and partially Turks
Slavs

In particular, I’d like to see ones for the Turks, Vikings & Slavs, because out of the ones in the above list, those are the ones I find the most fun.

7 Likes

Perhaps we should make a poll with all these options but can only vote for 3.

My order

Turks
Vikings
Persians
Chinese
Magyars
Japanese
Koreans
Mayans

1 Like

added to the op with all civs that don’t have a standalone.

1 Like

my thoughts beyond the three listed above.

Chinese
Vikings
Turks
Japanese
Persians
Magyars
Slavs
Mayans
Koreans

(Spanish updated for Spanish campaign to be solely spanish, or maybe just 1 map as saracens).

1 Like

Not surprising that the overrated Vikings got the most votes even tho there’s plenty of custom campaigns for them in the mod browser alongside Koreans. I’d rather see Celts which is not part of the voting (yes I know but the tutorial campaign is lame and they deserve an actual playable campaign that allows you to have actual fights instead of having to destroy one castle) , Persians, Chinese, Mayans and anything else that wasn’t overdone in the mod browser.

This discussion is about official scenarios not fan made.

The Chinese campaign should be centred on the Tang Dynasty. Alot of interesting characters, Tang Taizong, Wy Zetian, Xuan Tsang, An Lushan and Yang Gui Fei and the incursions of the Tibetan Empire etc…

1 Like

For Persians I would love to see a Kosrau (spelling, sorry not a native speaker) vs Justinian campaign viewed from the Persian side. I would support making the necessary tech changes (for example limiting gun powder and maybe trebuchets).

For Hungarians I would love a LOTW style “Villain” story line for the Hungarians in the Dracula campaign.

For Turks, either the Seljuks or the Ottomans would be great sources for campaigns.

For Mayas, I would love a Kotyan Khan style “run away to save your people” campaign, about the final days of the Maya as they faced the conquest of the Yucatan.

Chinese, I REALLY love Chu Ko Nu in campaign, the only mission where you get to play Chinese however you have to spam navy and not land army so you don’t really get to play around with FU Chu Ko Nu.

Vikings campaign should be this guy as we already have the hero unit ingame.

I would like a byzantine campaign because i feel like bari doesnt really count maybe something with the uprising of sicily or manuel l

These two might not be possible, because there are two Historical Battles that already feature them: Khosrau in the Battle of Gol-Zarriun, and Harald Hardrada in the Battle of Hastings.

He is a AI character so there is no issue,the Burgundy and Briton campaigns are also AI players from other scenarios. Wallace and Joan are bad guys in the dlc.

1 Like

What a good question! And my 3 answers are in the top 4: Chinese, Vikings, and Persians. China is a really old culture, and I’m sure there’s all sorts of history we could cover with a campaign about them.

The Vikings: Who doesn’t like them?! We got the one Lief Erickson mission which was very fun but I suspect we can have a whole campaign of the Vikings raiding northern coastal Europe.

And Persia: I know very little about their history during the time period of AoE2. It feels like they just disappeared from world history after Greece surpassed them, who then got surpassed by Rome, and we know what happens then. But Persia still existed and we need to see their story in our little CGI world.

I suppose we got the one Hideyoshi mission for Japan, but I do know that a feudal Japan had a rich and conquerer-worthy history. Hm, I wish I could have voted for four.

A Wu Zetian campaign would be good, in fact she is Chinese leader in Civilization II and V and was the only empress in Chinese history (if not we counting Ci Xi in the nineteenth century)…

1 Like

Of course,I think the same…I would have exchanged Bari for a campaign by Belisario in the DE launch…