What Civs would you like to see get their own dedicated official campaign?

In the time period of aoe 2,Persia did not do much…they fought wars with the Byzantines between 531 and 579 and between 590 and 628 (Khosrau I and II), then it was occupied by the Arabs in 642, the Mongols in 1258 and then many minor dynasties until in 1501 the country is unified by the Safavid dynasty, initiating a new golden age for the Persians in the following two hundred years…in aoe 2,unlike aoe 1 or 3,the Persians are simply to be and fulfill as allied or enemy states,nothing more…

Why cant this be a campaign then?

1 Like

Because the Safavid dynasty is more of the timeline of aoe 3,but they could make a campaign between 1501 and 1576 called “The Safavids” (type like the campaign of The Hautevilles),then you would have one or two missions of the rise of Ismail I to power and then 4 or 5 of his son Tahmasp I against Suleiman the Magnificent and Babur of the Mughal Empire,then in 1576,Tahmasp I dies and would assume his brother Mohammed Shah,finishing the campaign there and then in AoE 3 DE,when the Persians put in,the devs can put a historical battle with Abbas I overthrowing his father Mohammed in 1587…

• EVERY CIV

0 voters

1 Like

With the DE DLC theme where the already existing civ is somewhat related to the new civs, I think it will be harder to have a Koreans and or Japanese campaign. And maybe Vikings too to some extent.

On the other hand Turks is probably the easiest with a Central Asian, or Caucasian, or even Indians or another eastern European DLC. Next easy one is Persians imo with an Indian or Central Asian DLC.

Vikings are fine you can put them with any european civi dlc as they went every where.

Jadwiga5 use Lithuanians embarrassedly…

Yes but most of them are already present in the game.