What do Dravidians get?

The changes are pretty good. I’ll just give me inferences.

Medical corps if applied to all land military units itself would be a huge change. Cross-bow with meat-shield of light cav in front will be able to handle Knights. But needing a castle to research that will require some high eco-bonus which is applicable on all maps. Because, then Dravidian player has to reach castle age first then build a castle to research the tech in time for Knight spam. For this version of medical corps to work, Dravidian Civ bonuses have to be changed to enable them to have a faster food production economy. I had done this re-work before and I could only come up with a couple of new eco bonuses to replace the existing 2 eco bonuses. You can check out the link for more analysis. With extra wood at the start of the game, Dravidian player can start surplus food production before any other civ without worrying about lumber camp or getting housed. The farm bonus is good to save a little bit of resource on horse collar and lumberjacks to employ more farmers. These will help Dravidian player reach castle age faster maybe as quick as mongols and do a castle. The farm bonus is longer lasting. So with this bonus, Dravidian player will have gas in tank to last during longer games too.

Dravidian Civilization bonuses

• [CHANGE] Receive 150 extra wood at the start of the game.
  • [CHANGE] Farms have 2 times the food as regular farms. (2 x 175 food)

I’m ambivalent on this change. This will definitely help castle age upgrades very much. But nerfing feudal age might not be popular with players when the civ is bottom tier.

The effort to rework Urumi is commendable. An unit that is on permanent attack stance is certainly unique. But the software application framework of AOE2 has its own limitations. A units cannot be doing 2 animations at the same time. Even the fastest attacking units like first ships can’t fire while moving. So it might be impossible to implement.