What do you think? An Aoe IV poll

There’s a lot of debate about what people’s opinions are about certain Aoe IV features.
Hopefully this poll can be used to give people a general idea of what this forum thinks. And will be useful for people to reference in conversations. A lot of the questions are based off of opinions i’ve heard throughout the forums so feel free to suggest/point out where they can be improved.

First is Art style (Not to be confused with technical quality):

• I like the game’s Art style
  • I dislike the game’s Art style
  • I don’t care about Art style

0 voters

Based on your previous opinion, will Art style influence whether you buy the game?

• Yes, Art style is super important to me
  • No, Art style is not that important to me

0 voters

Second is Civ gameplay:

• I feel the gameplay of current civs will be fun and unique
  • I feel the gameplay of current civs will be boring and unoriginal

0 voters

Third is siege weapons:

• I like the way siege units look currently
  • I dislike the way siege units look currently
  • I don’t care that much about how they look

0 voters

What game mode will you probably enjoy most in Aoe IV?

• Singleplayer
  • Multiplayer/Co-op

0 voters

Will you buy the game when it releases? (if you’ve pre-ordered and haven’t refunded just say “Yes”)

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

6 Likes

Good job, no revealing info! :smiley:

2 Likes

First unbiased poll I’ve seen on these forums.

Nice work, dude.

3 Likes

haha thanks, I tried to make it as neutral as possible so we can get a clear look at what people actually think! :smiley:

5 Likes

The forums aren’t actually that biased other than AoE2 new civ threads. Those are something only the brave enter

1 Like

Good poll. You should add one question though:

Will you buy the game.
Yes
No
Maybe

5 Likes

What if I preordered it lol, where is that option!? :joy:

4 Likes

It should be changed into more specific:
“buy at release”
and/or
“buy at all”

I’ve picked No, but I understand this question as ‘around release’. It’s hard to buy ‘before’, excluding preorders, but this question is not about them.
Ironically it would be more clear with shortened question :slight_smile: Adding ‘when it releases’ reads ‘when it hits the market’.
Just my two cents.

I will buy it 100%, die to backlog, DEs new content and few others- won’t pick it up around release itself.

and another one (C)

about the poll how many was already?
but still it’s good to vote while waiting the game.

who voted “no” - are they haters? Why u would be on the forum if u decided not to buy game 11

Without disclosing too much, all I can say is that at first when I saw the trailers I was very skeptical of the game. That was until I actually played it and now I am extremely hyped for the release.
I am 100% buying that game and I think it has a lot of potential.

2 Likes

Without disclosing too much, all I can say is that at first when I saw the trailers I was very hyped of the game. That was until I actually played it and now I am extremely skeptical for the release.
I think it has a lot of potential, I am 100% trying Xbox Pass.

Sorry, for stealing ue talk but it’s so funny thaat I can swap two words and get my but opposite opinion.

It’s possible they voted “no” because they’ll just be playing it on gamepass. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or most people enjoy here playing aoe2, not aoe4?

I tried to specify around the official release date as I didn’t want people to mistake it as a pre-purchase.
There also seems to be a lot of people sitting on the fence and want to decide when the game is fully released/reviews are out.

Well, that is fair enough, you got your opinion which is valid.
I have quite a few friends that didn’t like the game and quite a few that actually loved it.

It shows that you like numbers and statistics, good thread!

lol feel free to just say “Yes” then.
I was of the opinion not many people would be pre-ordering it.
So im more positioning the question in a way know if people would be getting the game in general or if they’re on the fence etc.

1 Like