What do you think of the updated Arabia?

aztecs were chosen even before this change.

it doesn’t have no wood, it has less wood, stop being dramatic.

arabia has always favored aggression. its why it was used over maps like black forest.

i find your complaints particularly humorous though as you literally not long ago made this claim.

now the game is more open, aggression is better, and that makes units better. walling, and thus buildings isn’t as easy. seems like you should be in favor of these changes.

2 Likes

Played 3 games

First was full Feudal war with forwards
The second and the third was a Cuman-Lithuanian War

In the second match I picked Cumans and decided to full Feudal against FC

In the third match I went FC+Siege vs Cuman boom and won in Imperial Age.

The new Arabia is cool and should NEVER change.

2 Likes

Add more versions of Arabia.

4 Likes

Arabia with actual ponds.
Arabia with more gold/stone.
Arabia with two tc start.
Arabia with extra sheep/berries/hunt

1 Like

I really like it, i see some people complaining that its open or favors early aggression but that’s how Arabia is supposed to be, that’s how it always was.

7 Likes

Can’t really say that fc strategies are impossible on the new Arabia, on some map generations they can be punished enough and in some less. But I guess some people want to fc every game with a sloppy BO and skipping even the drush. I played around 10 matches on the new Arabia, on near half of them me or my opponent had an relatively easy to wall map, potential for early damage was still given on these generations. On one occasion the map was very close however, I canceled my drush since my opp berries and wood was both very close to his tc and my map was good as well, did go wall -> fc there, my opponent went for Scouts though and lost because of it.

Overall, the new Arabia is a lot more fun and plays a bit like the open Arabia back in voobly. What I also love about the new Arabia is how less obnoxious it is to expand since you aren’t imprisoned by woodlines from all sides. The new Arabia is a bit too consistent imho with the 3 woodlines and hills and gold/stone spots are also very similar but it does support a variety of Arabia-strats.