What do you think we are gunna get in a May PUP?

Heck I see updates on steamdb almost every day but they’re just so secretive about anything that is going on.
Meanwhile you have announcements of announcements, announcements 6 months before release, “vote for what you want next!” in less than a week after release, for the other games.

Does a little more communication steal the spotlight of other games?

(Not saying communication is good for other games though but at least it is better).

12 Likes

nerf otomans abus and hamburaci, they are sho cheap and so good

3 Likes

considering the amount of votes that happen in the forum, I rather not have all that stuff here tbh, I dislike those votes and threads enough as it is.

They say stuff when they think its ready for us to see them and thats fine. I dont want to have to be lead and spoonfed information, its not healthy

edit: like all of these threads happening cause they maybe missing 1 month of PUP, like its almost an obession

1 Like

The vote is about legacy AOE1 campaigns added to AOE2 ROR. This would do only good no harm. Not map rotations or balancing issues etc which may have negative impacts.

2 Likes

Maybe the steamdb entries aren’t related to any PUP or DLC, just inside work for something related to Steam.

1 Like

I still have hope that they will release a dlc in June…

At first, I thought it could be AoMRE related but now I wonder if the engine for both games is being worked on for better optimization.

Still, the lack of communication is frustrating. We’re not saying we need to be coddled like 2DE has been but it shouldn’t be asking much to know what the plans are so we can adjust our expectations for what the rest of the year shall bring.

I never expected we’d get monthly patches again.

You look around the official AoE SM and you’ll see there’s still plenty of interest in DLC.

1 Like

Funny thing is, this is unlike many other series (like Civilizations) where the new entry means end of support of previous one. You claim you are “actively supporting all games” (and you really are) but then you ignore some of them. And there are people actually doing a lot of hard work.
Now look at the front page. Can you find the third game? Well you can. It’s at the corner of the “collection”.
Heck, in Total War even the under-appreciated entries (like the saga ones) got a lot promotions when they were supported. You see many people replying “who cares? Give us warhammer/new historical title blahblahblah”. But they are still promoting them.

Here it’s the opposite. Someone did the work. A lot. But you act as if it doesn’t exist. When you don’t even try to pretend you care that tells something. Yeah maybe the four words “which is from AOE3” in the AOE4 promotion will charge you additional $10000 so you avoided it. Or maybe the same with your precious tweets, or 1min of mention in your “SERIES ANNIVERSARY”, or maybe a short link to even some self-organized tournaments in your official tournament celebrating the SERIES. Yeah yeah I know they cost a lot of advertising resources and better be spent on something more profitable, But you can also spend a whopping whole costly paragraph on “we are not going to include the card system in AOEO (surprised)”, or “AOE3 is not as popular as AOE2, which is immensely popular, but it’s still popular” (when promoting AOE3 of course).
You really hate it when you could make a little more money from some additional work you’ve already done?

If it’s one occurrence I consider it a coincidence or an oversight. I don’t think it’s on the actual developers, but someone making decisions. For me these only lead to one very cynical and persecutory conclusion.

3 Likes

There hasn’t been a 3DE-specific post on any of the AoE SM pages in months. And I’m not counting updates alerts.

The game isn’t dead obviously but one might think otherwise when factoring in how World’s Edge continues to downplay it, support from FE/Tantalus notwithstanding.

1 Like

That bewilders me ---- if most other studio has a game with this level of player number and popularity, they’d hold it dear. I’m not comparing to the other games in the same series, but RTS in general.

Look at COH3, a new shiny game from a well-known series. How many players does it have now? How has it been received? You still see them “shamelessly” (which is ironically not negative in this context) advertising their huuuuuge exciting updates such as “showing player ids in the game!”. Well people were criticizing brutally, but it’s your game, your product. Who would care if you don’t pretend it yourself?

The most ironic thing is, they are also actively supporting AOE3. You have people working on it and they’ve done a lot of good job. Now what? You’ve already done the work, and you don’t want it to profit a little more?

Edit: the number three combined with
S
O
M
E
will be censored. Good one. I didn’t even notice it myself.

1 Like

In terms of content, we are the most pampered of the saga.

1 Like

AoE2 has had a lot more time in the oven compared to AoE3 which started getting the same treatment after AoE2s 7 year head start? Because of this, as far as content goes there isn’t too much to add in AoE2 other than more civs and campaigns. Bias aside, I do truly think AoE3 still has a ton of potential for future content and support.

Furthermore, one can make a solid argument 2DE has it over 3DE in post-launch support due to DLC adding campaigns, something WE seem unwilling to invest in with 3DE for any number of reasons. On the other hand, If RoR was this year’s one big DLC for 2DE (even though technically it really isn’t) I’d expect players to be upset. And many are.

As far as AoEIV is concerned I have no idea why it took Relic over a year to add color picker. This year feels like the game is finally leaving its unofficial early access period. If the game had been released in a more complete state things would be a lot further along. I’d also expect future DLC for AoEIV to come with campaigns as well.

But yes, no one is arguing support for 3DE hasn’t been stellar. Our devs are very good. All we’re asking for is a little more communication.

10 Likes

IDK people, just relax, how many patches we had with TAD?

If the game had 6 months without a patch I would say that the support is finished. Is not the case.

IMHO I don’t think that the devs works with a yearly plans. They just adapt, thats why its hard to communicate anything. Look at aoe2 schedule, is very vague and its the best selling from the original 3.

Devs have to work with budgets and these games doesnt have the player count of LoL.

Look I have no doubt support will continue. And I am okay if they do larger (not monthly) updates like the bigger ones last November and this March. But when it arrives I can fully predict these happening:

• You see one tweet about it, then AOE3 disappears again from the universe.
  • You see only “More balance changes, more bug fixes, and more fun!” in the “what’s next” part.

It’s obvious they have already been working on something, for almost a month. That means at least one update plan has already been made, and some work has already been done. Do you think they will drop all the work when they “adjust”?

It’s not about what we’ll get and when we’ll get it, but this long-lasting deliberate negligence of this game and its players.

RoR has been out for less than a week. Reviews were not good. They already began asking “what campaigns you want to include”, directly.
I can bet they haven’t started working on that yet.

8 Likes

yea surprise is not good, the game mode that was introduced to aoe3 “magnate” was a surprise that nobody liked

Eso es cierto…

I’m not complaining, it seems like an interesting mode focused on the economy…

It’s not like there was much info between the Return of Rome announcement and the release date announcement.

2 Likes

Conquistadores collect a lot of information from aztec and inca cultures, which allow us to know everything about them. They conquer less advanced civilizations, technologically speaking, which cannot endure the contact with european or asian powers. I can also argue that they are not only less advanced in technology, but also in rigths and ethics in general.

Inquisition in Iberian Peninsula or even in any other catholic territory did not judge neither muslims or jews. It is simply a catholic court for catholic which, in fact, had a lot more guarantees than any civil court in their timeline. I supose that your mention to single women is refered to witches, please, look at protestant countries. Catholic inquisitions barely sentence any witch.

Maybe you must read more serious histoy books and look for better primary data sources when you talk to an historian.

See you.

5 Likes

They most certainly did. They first gave them the ultimatum of conversion or expulsion (or worse), then they persecuted the hell out of the conversos.

The handbook for witch hunts was written before the Reformation so it’s not exactly a uniquely Protestant phenomenon. Overall it was one of the most ecumenical expressions of religious fervor and not at all justified by whataboutism.

Maybe take your own advice.

4 Likes

So it looks like the answer to the original question is: Absolutely nothing lol

7 Likes