What engine will move next AOE 4?

AOE3 engine:

Essence Engine:

The AOE 3, AoEO and AoEM are same with modifications its called Bang! engine.

I dont know what engine will use, my vote is more a “should use” vote.

Come on guys, more votes.

I like how looks that Essence engine but I don’t think they will use the same engine for an AOE game. Also the BANG! engine is beautiful but I think it requires some improvements.

How are we supposed to know that? We dont know, time will reveal this info. Just have some patience.

It is going to be a modified Essence engine version

frostbite engine!!! C&c generals 2 got cancelled but the game looked epic

A new engine, of course!

I would say frostbite engine. I agree that C&C generals 2 looked great at the previews.

No stay with proprietary AOE engine AOE 3’s Engine which is BANG! not Genie, because AOE 3 still looks great, to this day. And it is very detailed and editable. Also, regarding those images, AOE 3 came before COH 2 so it is little unfair to compare two game engine however still AOE 3 looks more colorful as you can see. Just imagine, an updated ~~Genie Engine ~~ BANG! with updated havoc —>DREAM COME TRUE and then new meme: Can your computer run AOE 4 though?

I’d prefer a new engine, but AoE3’s was brilliant for the time.

guys, the engine of AoE3 was really a bomb !! even today at a distance of years, AoE 3 graphics are really enjoyable.
I hope the AoE4 graphics engine is as beautiful as the AoE3 graphics engine when the game was launched!
I leave the guys of Relic the choice, but our impression should be: what graphics is really great!
(after 3-4 years): though !, the graphics are still very detailed !!

I believe that it will be a new engine. I think that there’s a slight possibility that it’ll be another modified version of bang! engine. And I really doubt that they will use Essence Engine, even though there’s always a possibility.

My guess is an updated AOE 3 engine. They are remastering AOE 3 so I think they will just update that engine while they are remastering it with new features.

It might be a completely different engine based on the Bang! Engine.

@ESC1216 said:
My guess is an updated AOE 3 engine. They are remastering AOE 3 so I think they will just update that engine while they are remastering it with new features.

Yes, an update of a 15 year-old engine is just what we need.

@AAHale said:

@ESC1216 said:

The last update of Bang! was AOEO

@Augustusman said:

@AAHale said:

@ESC1216 said:

The last update of Bang! was AOEO

Is that your benchmark for a successful RTS?