What happen to AOE2 DE

It is too many days without game updates! The game has many bugs, less and less people come to play … VERY DISAPPOINTED!

4 Likes

You can expect another update in next 10 days.

1 Like

How to ruin a successful game: have Microsoft make it. Enough said.

4 Likes

They won’t release an update until HC3 finishes (22nd march). Expect un update after that

Ran into that Desyncher again that everyones been complaining about on the forums yesterday too. Don’t forget about that part of the game is garbage too. Even cheaters can thrive in this game. If you’re around 2k ELO for teams that Desyncher will end up ruining your experience I can assure you.

Christ are you serious? It hasn’t even been a month since the Feb update. They’ve been doing massive updates every month. Feb was on the 28th and that’s without the virus stuff going on…chill.

10 Likes

People are leaving this game en masse because nobody cares about it anymore. AoE2DE is a huge mess, so many unfixed issues, poor functionality, devs not responding, and the icing on the spoiled cake being the moronic censorship.

5 Likes

chill guys, they have been doing a great job, give it some time.

3 Likes

Man, is this your response to everything in your life that doesn’t go exactly how you want it? Go full Eeyore mode?

Yeah, there are issues. Yeah, sometimes the devs could be more responsive, but guaranteed monthly updates on a game that has (likely) already earned most of the revenue it’s going to earn is pretty good. Hopefully the censorship stuff gets addressed, but let’s not go full doom and gloom until we have better reason to (and even then, nah). People who don’t like the new features/functionality/meta can always go back to HD; the fact that many of them stay with DE (even while complaining) mean that even with its problems, it has plenty of positive features that they like.
This is a freaking $20 game (or $15 if you’re like me and already had HD). People are critiquing it like it’s a $500 meal at the finest restaurant in town. I don’t blame the devs for not being hyper-responsive to this forum when it’s often so awash with entitled negativity.

10 Likes

Personally, I’m extremely happy with the AoE2 devs.

15 Likes

You know steam stats are public right? This game is perpetually in the top 100 Steam games every single day. Right now there are ~20k steam accounts playing the game, not including the people that bought from Microsoft directly. There are 1000 ongoing online matches right now and it’s nowhere near primetime

7 Likes

They’re doing a great job with the profanity filter, right? Or that Desynching dude that still ruins team games? Or still not posting ELO for unranked? Or not allowing people to pick the maps they want when HD and Voobly let them? Or units that just stop moving when given a command? Is that a great job? I can keep going if you want.

1 Like

They are still updating the game

1 Like

Who cares? I don’t. Those are minor issues. They’ll get fixed. It’s unbelievable how uselessly negative you are - it doesn’t help anything, and we have no reason to believe the devs aren’t going to fix them. The updates have been active, huge, and great.

9 Likes

Wow, what did the developers do to you - The game is excellent, yes there are some issues but they are getting reported and fixed. The developers have been excellent in their communication. Want to see how bad it can be? Look at Blizzard and Warcraft 3 Reforged.
Keep up the great work guys

7 Likes

I don’t call it being negative. I call it constructive criticism of garbage. You might be a Microsoft fan boy but the OP, myself and many others are not impressed with this game so far. Servers lag bad, match making is garbage for team games most of the time, there’s known cheaters, people making good suggestions that fall on deaf ears, poor pathing and the list can go on for paragraphs.

To the guy above who’s trying to say because it’s in the Top 100 played for Steam means nothing. Just because people play the game doesn’t mean it’s not broken. And actually there’s more people playing on Voobly currently than this game multiplayer wise. If it wasn’t for the 2 second delay on Voobly I wouldn’t even play this game. Too bad Steam didn’t develop this game instead of Microsoft. Game would be in a better place IMO.

5 Likes

Yes please chill with these selfish comments. With all the SARS-CoV-2 virus going on you expect the devs to put themselves at risk so you can play a game? They have been doing a great job and if things slow down a little bit right now just accept it as a fact. Our world is changing right now and being unreasonable doesn’t help anyone. I have been playing age of empires since the series first came out and the care that has been shown for the series remakes so far is much appreciated. Enjoy what you can, help the devs by giving them specific bugs with reports and make their lives easier instead of demanding. Thanks!

3 Likes

The stats are public… Right now on steam there are ~11.5k players on DE. There are 8.5k on HD edition. On AoE2.net there are more open lobbies for DE.

I get that you don’t like the game, but it’s not failing. Plenty of other people do like the game.

3 Likes

The devs are scattered around the world they are not in a real studio - most are working from their own home (fact), using online communication, limiting their exposure to this commie virus. Sure everyone needs to be careful these days, stay home if you can and look after your loved ones.

Just remember that a lot of issues with this game have barely been addressed, and there is only a skeleton crew trying to “fix” what they can with the limited resources at their disposal. All the other developers, mainly those from the Forgotten Empires team, have moved on to AoE3DE (also a fact) - you don’t see them posting here anymore like when the game was just out or in beta. Same thing happened with AoE DE.

If you want to blame anyone for this huge mess, blame the bureaucrats at MS. They are also responsible for the horrible enforced censorship.

2 Likes

What’s your point dude? You said this twice now in this thread. Who cares how many people are playing the game. All video games are popular right now with the current virus crisis. You think because people are playing a game means it’s great? There were around 100k people online yesterday playing Warthunder. And over 25 millIon different players playing Call of Duty since Warzone was dropped less than 2 weeks ago. I don’t care about how many are playing this game.