WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS UPDATE?

ITS WORST THAN BEFORE, WHAT U GUYS R DOING WITH THE GAME ? I CANT PLAY A SINGLE RANKED GAME, 4 TRY’s, 4 ERROR’s.

Congratulations, ur killing a nice game.

edit: cant play a single game.

4 Likes

yes, they killed game, unplayble

4 Likes

At least post images/reports on the errors and when it happened… This report is useless

4 Likes

same thing as always, failed to connect.

devs, we (1000 people organized discord server)can’t play game. it is like 10 fps late game, mid castle. i want from them to fix these crahes and lags today. game is unplayable

9 Likes

An image is there. You cannot create a logfile when there is no game, and the report is that there is no game…
Reporduction Steps for people that seem to never had the game open:

1. start game
  2. queue up for ranked
  3. wait until this (picture of original post) exact messgae pops up

oh but the pretty fireworks doesnt make it worth it??? they dont fix issues they just flagg your comment true heroes dont fix their game just modding it makes sense played 3 games today all lagged like unplayable lagg update has broken de well done

7 Likes

Why dont you use the normal report a bug opening post?
Why are you SCREAMING?

2 Likes

Sometimes I have the impression that the Devs are never even playing the game. Never even testing.

After “failed to join game” (which might be because the opponent Alt-F4s) the whole game freezes everytime!

5 Likes

Hello friends! I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having trouble playing the game. Unfortunately, we will need more information to help solve the problem. I’d recommend taking these steps:

1. If you have not already, please work through these troubleshooting steps to see if they help: https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048536912

2. If that does not work, please contact the support team: https://support.ageofempires.com/hc//requests/new

3. Be sure to include the following details:

• A copy of your dxdiag
    • The platform where you’re playing
    • The steps leading up to the error

Hopefully we can help you get in and playing, or figure out exactly what’s preventing you from doing so.

Thanks again for reporting this issue!

2 Likes

I have a question for you:
What happens if matchmaking creates a new party and one of the party member drop/ use alt + F4 (because of disliking map, or whatever)?
Are we wrong with the assumption that then the game will show the exact picture the original poster posted (Failed to join match), to everyone else? If we are wrong with that we have something to investigate, but if not we all know what is happening (as written by MoskitoKorn0326 in this thread…). The problem then is that matchmaking would have to work in a different way, so not everyone has to start again from beginning with queueing (not easy fix, I get that…).

Also another question: how does it feel that the comment with the most likes on this thread now got flagged? The game is at that point that your playerbase already thinks these comments are better than normal constructive criticism…
Edit: the comment I am reffering to now is not visible anymore/ got edited

2 Likes

how would we know you guys are the ones wrecking the game nothing changes pc wise with players not everyone has pc issues at once how about you fix your game and stop messing it up more these pretty updates are useless if nobody wants to play the game cause of the continued lagg
its like someone IE u breaks a game disk superglues it back together then we go to play and its unplayable and then u ask us isit the gaming system your on what does it say when u goto play
WE DONT KNOW CAUSE YOU BROKE IT stupid questions get stupid answers easy fix your freaking game and stop tinkering with it if your just gunna mess it up every 3 updates jesus!

Can’t start any Empire Wars game at all. What is going on?

1 Like

Why is it that there are no matches for me in the Match Queue even after a long long time (30 mins plus)??

there is another bug, sometimes the choose civ screen just freeze and u cant pick any civ or click in any button, even esc doesnt work, u cant leave the screen , u have 2 options, alt f4 or wait the game to start(with civ random or the previous civ u had)

nicelly done devs.

1 Like

Does anyone have issues with lag in Multiplayer Games? For me in early imperial it starts to lag a lot. It is a lot worse than before the update. Anyone else experiences this?

3 Likes

Yes, it’s a known issue: Late-game performance in team games deteriorated in anniversary patch. The devs are investigating it.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say, they’re not trying to pin the blame on anyone else. This is information that will help them reproduce and debug the issue, so that they can fix it asap. I understand that people are upset, but even though this information is obvious to us (what PC we use, DirectX version, etc), it will help them with getting a fix to us much faster because it gives them more to work with. They may have internally tested every DirectX version and every OS build independently before the release, but it is almost impossible to anticipate every combination and scenario in which a user could use it in the real world. This is why when a bug is discovered in the real world, this type of information could help them pinpoint the root cause quickly.