What is the ELO of AoE II DE AI?

Both have different ratings and are not really comparable. Two main issues:

1. HD player base is different to DE player base. The overall level at HD is lower than the overal level at DE. This means the average DE player beats the average HD player.
  2. Default rating at HD was 1600, default rating at DE is 1000.

This means you cant really subtract 600 for HD to get your DE level.

I am not really into playing against AIs. I did played some games against the AI to get the monthly event stuff. Based on that i think moderate is around 600-700 elo. I have used higher diffuculties. Based on this list i need to play against hardest or extreme AI to have them play against an AI of my own level. Maybe i will give this a try today.

I still dont know why they didnt add a AI as strong as the Barbarian AI of TheMax into the game. I think that AI will be around 1700-1800 Elo at highest difficulty, i think. It strategy choiche is also much more like a human. So it will prepare players much more for multiplayer.

I also like the idea of the guy at reddit of having just some secret bot in the ranked games, who is just the AI. Just to see how strong the AI really is. You can also measure the changes in Elo after adjusting the AI every month. Did the AI really improve? I would really love a very strong AI for practising purposes.

Just another related post of my:

I like such idea.

You dont play online? You know you can play ranked games with a match making system? It will just match you against equally skilled opponents. You first go through around 10 place matches and after that 10 games, you almost always get great matches. I would suggest just joining the MM queue and play some nice games!

If you need tips: Best tip is to practise some Build orders. I think if you know the basics of the build orders, you are already around 900-1000, which is almost the average player online players.

1 Like