What is the goal of balance changes?

Like You said: We don’t know exactly what their goal is in balance changes. For sure huge impact on balance changes have pro players. But still I remember Viper who said that he was strongly against free loom for Goths, but they got it anyway.

IMO developers should make survey for proplayers ( example: top 100 players from 1v1 RM ladder ) and ask which civilization feels worse than others. 3 civilizations that were the most common choices should get buff in next patch.

And test them ofcourse.

Making one civilization that was bad or average, stupidly strong does not fix balance issues.

3 Likes

Actually a decent idea, considering the fact that the top 100 1v1 players know more about civ weaknesses than us

But are Goths really stupidly strong?

They are quite strong on Imp, but not before it

Sorry, I kinda exaggerated and reffered directly to March Patch Goths, but I wanted to show/tell that ( with Goth as a example ) that giving civilization a strong bonuses does not fixing bad, mediocre civilization, because it make civilization really strong and again need new balance changes. ( correct me if I’m wrong : in march Goths got loom and cheaper than right now militia ).

IIRC that’s true

But this didn’t make them OP if we’re being fair

Yea and FE will take you seriously when you propose the Leitis as Anti-Camel unit and thinking that Slavs farm bonus isn’t strong 11

1 Like

They already have a group of mainly pro players to listen to their opinion. Even Viper is part of that group. That doesnt mean all pros have to agree on a change.