What is the multiplayer battle lenght targeted?

At the beginning of the 2000s I was playing AOE2 with my friends and it was a blast. But right now we are seeing more and more a trend of shorter per battle strategy games. If you consider Starcraft it takes 20minutes in average while the League of Legends game although not an RTS takes about 30-35 minutes.

What do you think the target is and should be for the AOE4. Will we have a very short dark age. A long mid-length feudal a mid castle and open-ended İmperial age.

My suggestion would have been
Dark Age (5-8 minutes)
Feudal Age +10 minutes
Castle Age +15 minutes
Imperial age +10 minutes and more

So I think most of the conflict should be in the Castle age and upgrading to imperial should be a commitment. Do you know any explanations from the developers? What do you guys think a modern AOE game duration should be for a 1v1 or 2v2 game?

i dont really care about times but would be cool that there wasnt meta like get 20 vils or something in dark age, go feudal age and and by the time 2 feudal age buildings were built u snap click up to castle and thats where all the fights happen.
Would be cool if there was more action in each age like even in dark age. Coz otherwise when watching pro games u can almost go afk for 1st i dont know 15 mins while they get to castle age and then u can come back and watch.

4 Likes

I hope it’s closer to AoE3 than AoE2.

3 Likes