What is too extreme when it comes to RNG Mongol resource spawn?

This is why fixed starting spawn is critical to the game balance. HRE is the biggest victim to this, IMO, more so than Mongols. My game sort of gets ruined if I can’t place Aachen chapel in the influence of both gold and tree. EVEN IF I can get both gold and tree in the influence, there’s also the problem of how deep into the tree line will the influence reach, because, a lot of the times, I can only squeeze the influence into the edge of the tree line, unable to get the buff after the villagers clear off one bit.

On top of that, there’s the issue of whether the resources are in the front or in the back. If the Aachen is in the front, I’d be force to build my farms later on at the front, leaving my food source vulnerable.

We’ll see if Meinwerk buff will make a difference in the upcoming patch, but for the longest time, HRE is and has been the most inconsistent civ in the game. On top of random resource spawns, there’s the issue of relics as well. Sure, there was a relic spawn patch in the past, but it is clearly not enough.