What is up with the AI?

As per the title, what is going on with the AI? They seem really random now in terms of their performance. Sometimes they’re too good or too awful. Testing on both Hardest and Expert.

This is especially true with allied AI. It cannot seem to handle any attack on its base at any given time, it always struggles. Just a few nights ago I was playing with Gall as my ally and he placed two Corrals next to my base much further away with only a single unupgraded War Hut in his base to which he rarely uses. It also typically completely ignores flank attacks on its own base much of the time and prefers to do a head-on battle.

The AI also likes to spam Estates, I’ve seen Tokugawa built like 20 Rice Paddies and barely uses half. All European civs tend to ignore Market upgrades such as Blunderbuss and Great Coat. Not sure about African/Asian/Native, possibly other upgrades too? Berries in their own base are barely touched, preferring to seek out your resources instead and ignore their own.

There appear to be some serious inefficiencies going on here and I hope I’m not the only one.

3 Likes

It’s been a problem since the most recent update. the devs really need to dedicate a patch for just AI. It got a little better with the hotfix but is still subpar.

2 Likes

Yep this is my biggest gripe with the game right now. The AI is abysmally bad. Like… bad BAD.

Most games I play my ally AI just sits there… ALL GAME doing absolutely nothing. Rarely going past age 2 and usually dying within 20 min of gameplay. It’s the weirdest thing ever.

I agree that the devs need to dedicate an entire update to JUST the AI.

4 Likes

Ok ok… there’s a HUGE AI patch today.

I’m SOOOOOOOOOO excited to try it out!! It looks as though many concerns have been addressed.

2 Likes