What new content will be revealed on April 10?

Let’s speculate!

I don’t think a new expansion for age of empires 2 will be announced. Perhaps a new game mode (like Battle Royale last year). Or perhaps support of the game for the Xbox consoles :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m looking mostly for aoe 3 DE expansion, the last update was wonderful because it fixed the perfomance for most people.

5 Likes

My guesses for AoE:2 are:

1. a DLC adding cosmetics like unique castles for each civ and
  2. a DLC adding coop campaigns (this guess is based on a folder I found in the gane files)
3 Likes

A new expansion for AOE2 is likely due to them mentioning new civs. Could also be just for AOE3 but tbh I wouldn’t organize an online event around XBOX console support. Battle Royale was a flop.

2 Likes

I think we will be getting

1. A new civ in AOE2 or possibly a story-driven campaign like AOE3 but better.
  2. a new civ and campaign for AOE3
  3. AOE4 this is the big one assume we are going to hear about the gameplay we will also get the here about the new Civs and the campaign (If there is one) I also expect them to announce a beta or alpha for insiders only that at I see anyway I may bet totally worng of cource.
3 Likes

that section was about AoE4

1 Like

for AOE 3

i would guess 3-4 new civilizations most/all of which will be African. maybe with 1 FLC faction (be it Italians, Danes or Persians), the African kingdoms will be a payed DLC (buffalo), any other civ would be FLC as i said.

i would guess new maps and minor civs in africa, this as FLC so everyone can play on them.

perhaps a timemap for more content in the future? idk, depends what their plans are.

AoE2:

• New DLC as usual hopefully better than the last one.
  • Free to play with civilisation rotation.
  • Some new gamemode like Battle Royal but hopefully something people actually want to play.

AoE3:

• New African Expansion. Likely bigger than the AoE2 DLC because of the nature of AoE3.

AoE4:

• Some or all civilisations
  • More gameplay details

Don’t think they will show new civs or campaigns for AoE2 and 3 judging by their phrasing in that news post.

They didn’t say that they will show new Civilisations for AoE2/3 but they also didn’t say that they wont.

What did they every announce for AoE2 that was not new civilisations? The game get’s new Expansions constantly. Would be a surprise if it was something else.

AoE3 Expansion also seem likely.

Whilst we don’t want to spoil everything we have in store, we know that you’ve been eager for more glimpses of Age of Empires IV since the first trailer at X019. Our broadcast will include a new look at gameplay, civilizations, campaigns, and more for you to enjoy! We will also be sharing some exciting news for our Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition players, as well.

So this is what they said in that post. So while they definitely say new civs shown and gameplay and campaigns for AoE4, they only say “and some cool stuff for Aoe2 and 3 too”.

the fact AOE 3 has a DLC tagged “buffalo” makes it very clear that the game is indeed getting new factions.

2 Likes

Whilst we don’t want to spoil everything we have in store, we know that you’ve been eager for more glimpses of Age of Empires IV since the first trailer at X019. Our broadcast will include a new look at gameplay, civilizations, campaigns, and more for you to enjoy! We will also be sharing some exciting news for our Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition players, as well.

There is nothing that implies that AoE2 or AoE3 don’t get new civilisations. It just says that they will have exciting news but their track record for exciting news for AoE2 has been mostly new Civilisations so far.

AoE2 and AoE3 are both prominently shown in the announcement video. There would be no reason to if they don’t add something that more than just the usual patch content.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I’m so hyped. I’ve been waiting 16 years for this and it finally looks like it’s going to happen.

2 Likes

A Mongol, Arab and African?

2 Likes

Lords of the West was just released a couple months ago historically DLCs are released at least a year apart from each other.

Huh?

As in they hope the game will be made free to play with certain civilizations, which will change on a regular basis to encourage people to pay for permanently unlocking them, this is the model free to play MOBA games use for their Champions.

I don’t think it’s a good idea.

1 Like

I am against giving DE a free tier but I’d be on board with making the base version of AoE II HD free.

AoE2HD already had the rotation.
There were hints to it in the code of AoE2DE that people found.

But AoE2DE only has 2 DLC civilisations at the moment so that makes little sense.