What PC specs are you running, and what FPS are you getting on certain settings?

I’m looking to build a new PC for AOE3:DE, and ideally will use it for AOE4, but understand I may need to upgrade again down the line. That said, I’m curious what PC specs people have, and what FPS/performance they’re getting on certain resolutions and settings. If you’re able to reply, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Intel Core i5-6600K
GeForce GTX 1070
16 GB DDR4 Ram
Sata SSD
24" => 1920x1080

~55-60 FPS (vsync)

But playing on low-mid settings :wink:

Thanks for posting!

The GTX 1070 is no slouch. A little surprised that at “only” 1080P, you’re getting 60FPS on low-medium settings.

Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 ram
GTX960
Samsung M0.2 NVME SSD

1080p with a mix of low and medium settings.
some maps i get 70fps, but on water maps i get 24 fps

The GTX 1070 is no slouch

I guess its more or less the cpu which is the bottleneck here :frowning:

I wonder how you seem to be achieving similar performance to JocheNisDa, with a GPU that’s considered half as powerful?

Your CPU is nearly equivalent of Ryzen 5 3600 for gaming purposes, which is a solid GPU for 4K gaming. Can you check GPU and CPU usage in-game to confirm which is the bottleneck?

Yeah I should do that :smiley: But there is a difference between the 1070 and the 1070 ti. I dont have the ti version which was a bit better.

Also my hardware is 4 years old and the cpu was released in 2015. It has 4 cores, no hyperthreading. There will be a big performance difference to a ryzen 5 (1 year old) with 6 cores and 12 threads ^^

I have no clue, but the GPU is pretty much always maxed out. thats probally why i struggle so much with water maps. on high Settings id get 40fps on land maps with stutters every 20 seconds.